FireTV App doesn't remember sub/language settings

overthetop19843
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

overthetop19843

Greetings,

I'm running the App on a 2nd gen. AFTS 1.2.11a with the emby-Server 3.0.5972.0 and experienced that the App doesn't remember the last custom settings for subs and/or language. I don't mean the general playback settings in the Webplayer (which also takes effect in the App as I read from another Posting by Luke) - my general preferences are as depicted in the attached file, so in my case: english language and english subs. This works well. But when I want to watch a movie like in german, I switch manually to german and turn subs off on the emby-App. When resuming the movie the "master" setting (english lang. and sub) is present again and I have to change it again.

I tried to change settings in the Webplayer (sub mode etc) - no good.

Not a big of a problem, but annoying; the Plex App (which I used so far) always remembered the setting which was manually set the last time and this "overrides" the settings made in the playback options, which was very smart.

This does only effect the App, the Webplayer on my WIN 10 PC with Firefox does remember the manual change !!!

Is this a known problem or is there something I missed ?

TM

post-142731-0-49944400-1467457704_thumb.png

If the items are transcoding, then it will remember those settings.  However, if direct streaming, the server isn't in control of or aware of the switch you made manually in the player so it cannot remember those settings and the app does not attempt to save them anywhere at this time.

Luke, is there some call I can make to the server when a user selects these items at the app level to tell it to use those the next time?

If the items are transcoding, then it will remember those settings.  However, if direct streaming, the server isn't in control of or aware of the switch you made manually in the player so it cannot remember those settings and the app does not attempt to save them anywhere at this time.

Luke, is there some call I can make to the server when a user selects these items at the app level to tell it to use those the next time?

Yea it's part of the playback reporting info, so you don't need to make a separate call.

• Solution

Okay, overthetop you can test this in the next release of the app.

• Like 1

overthetop19843

Great news and many thanks to both of you   !!!!!

I will look forward to this.

Very fast response indeed.

greetings

TM

• 2 weeks later...
overthetop19843

Well done - now it's working !

The App remembers individual settings and insofar overrides the general rulings. So movies can be resumed with the last preferred language or sub without changing it back or tampering with the general playback rules.

regards

overthetop