Shield TV and Number Key on Remote

hakras

hakras

I have been using EMBY on the Shield TV for a few months now. I think it will be able to replace my current XBOX 360 and WMC setup. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on 3 more Shield TVs. I am using EMBY to record and watch live TV using HDHomeRun devices, watch rips of my movie collection, and occasionally listening to my music collection. My only issue is the lack of support of the number keys on my Harmony Remote. If I were to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to the Shield TV and then program the Harmony to send those signals for the number keys, will EMBY recognize that in the app? Just wondering before I go out and purchase a keyboard. TIA

What are you expecting the number keys to do?

None of these devices have such keys so the app is not looking for them.

hakras

On the XBOX 360, in EMBY, when browsing through the movie library, if I click the number keys, it brings letters. For example, if I click the "5" key 3 times, the library will jump to movie titles beginning with the letter "L". It would also be really nice if the TV guide could support channel number input.

Okay that is an input method that is implemented by the underlying platform (WMC) which is known as "Triple-tap".  It isn't implemented in Android so we would have to do it ourselves and we have not done that due to the fact that most people using the device do not even have a remote with number keys on it and that input method is really pretty cumbersome for most users anyway.

You can always create a feature request for it though.

There is a "By Letter" view for movies, which would allow you to quickly scroll to any letter.

How about for the TV guide? The scroll method is cumbersome and time consuming.

Perhaps at some point but the way things are going, people don't think about channel numbers anymore - more about channel content.

If you haven't turned off the option to sort the guide by last viewed, then the channels you watch most should be right there at the top.

hakras

Yeah. I noticed and it's a nice feature. How about for entering user pins? I forgot about that in my initial post. Kind of pointless having to input on the screen when the kids are in the same room :)

Yeah. I noticed and it's a nice feature. How about for entering user pins? I forgot about that in my initial post. Kind of pointless having to input on the screen when the kids are in the same room :)

Go to the settings page and check the "Use Alternate D-Pad entry technique for password" option.  It will require you to have a numeric password though.