Is Anybody using MCE RTB (formerly Media Center Studio)?

ordinator2008

asmithau

Hi Ordinator2008,

I've been using it. A lot of issues (particularly with 8.1) have been fixed over the last 4-6 weeks and it now works really well.

I actually updated to the full version before Christmas due to this, so I can configure the TV / Guide stuff.

I have machines running both Win 7 and 8.1 and have no real issues.

Thanks

Adam

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Heckler

Just checking it out, desperately need something reliable to download actor images, as everything I've tried so far has not been good enough. I tried the IMDB IBN downloader app... but that simply grabs the largest file it finds on IMDB regardless of ratio or size.

I ended up with thousands of files that were between 8-14mb each, and thousands of those where in a wide format instead of poster... many of which were scenes from films or what look like fan uploads

I ended up stopping the process from running before it went through all 450000 on my system, and deleted everything again... I'm only running a 120GB SSD and just A-C took up almost 3GB in images alone.

I tried fotosizer to resize everything first, and was able to get each folder down to less than 100mb, but that program can't tell between ratios either and so simply squishes wide images into a poster

Hence the deletion of all actor images again.

It's a good idea for a program.. but until it has some actual options that allow you to set a few basic parameters, I feel it's not worth the £3 paid... Potential is there, but not worth it yet.

Heckler

Never mind... this wasn't the program I thought it was... I used to have nothing but trouble with this years ago, and instead decided to leave the menus at their defaults.

I just tested it out again and ran into exactly the same issues as I did 3yrs ago.