XML or NFO - You cant go back

newby

Hello,

if you select the emby plugin xml, you can erase the plugin, but you come never back to nfo. you can deinstall emby server, but no chance. xml is always on.

Hi, sorry, this isn't true. If you remove the xml plugin, you will not get xml for movies, series and episodes. Please note, changing settings will not delete your xml files.

newby

Hello,

okay, xml files will not delete. but nfo files are not create after erase the plugin. i think

CBers

Hello,

okay, xml files will not delete. but nfo files are not create after erase the plugin. i think

Have you restarted your Emby server and re-scanned your library ??

pünktchen

Hello,

NFO are only created for new media!

Happy2Play

You can do a Refresh at library level and select missing metadata and this will/should create all your nfo files.  You need to ensure you have made all the changes in Metadata-Services (use dropdown for each content type).

newby

Hi,

ich habe den ganzen Server neu aufgesetzt. Habe die XML-APP nicht installiert. Dennoch werden mir nur XML-Files erzeugt. Das kann ich nicht verstehen. Wird hier etwas in der Registry verändert, so dass keine NFO mehr geschrieben werden.?

I have deinstall the server and reinstall it again. But only XML Files are writen to metadata. can it be a problem with registry?

I do not instal the xml-plugin again.

Edited by newby

Hallo , können Sie ein spezielles Beispiel , wo XML-Dateien diskutieren werden erstellt und wo Sie denken, es stattdessen nfo werden sollte? Vielen Dank.

newby

Hello Admin,

i think al the files are nfo if database is new?  but metadata-folder people are in xml but artist are in nfo????? why? if i install xlm-plugin al files are xml but not nfo.

i download every beta version and i install server again every week. For tests. since last week i have install xml-plugin,,,, this weekend i have complete reinstall emby, erase database and cache. and then...

people are in xml and artists are in nfo!

a ghost is in my system (-:

Some internal types like People still use xml, but, why worry about this? Why not just enjoy your media?