Alternate Ways to Donate

uber_garat

uber_garat

First off, been a huge fan of what you all have been doing with Media Browser since your early Media Center only versions some years ago. With MB3, it's reached the point that it, combined with Roku, is my one stop media server/HTPC solution. So very much love it. 

However, I've been throwing dollar bills at my screen, and PayPal, because they are a horrible horrible service fueled by evil, refuses to take my US (Visa) based debit card so I can help fund the awesome work you do. A humble request to you guys to see about at least getting Amazon payments (if you don't want the hassle of setting up Dwolla or one of the other good services out there) as a possible option? I'd love to help fund you guys, and PayPal, in addition to being a service I try and avoid, simply doesn't work, and useless messages like "your card can't be used", despite using it daily, doesn't give me many places to go to try and figure out what's broken. I will not make a PayPal account ever again.

Anyway, just a request for some alternate payment options if you guys ever can support it! I can bugger off, and go back to lurking, but hoping maybe some alternatives can make it online eventually!

Cheers, and keep up the awesome work!

Humbly,
A Seattle based game developer and media fiend

Edited by uber_garat

• 2 weeks later...

How can I donate to fund the further production of Mediabrowser3 searching the website for 'how to donate' yields nothing helpful. Come on! It shouldn't be this hard to give you guys money! :)

How can I donate to fund the further production of Mediabrowser3 searching the website for 'how to donate' yields nothing helpful. Come on! It shouldn't be this hard to give you guys money! :)

Just visit the front page of the dashboard. You do use Media Browser Server right?

Starkadius

Agreed buy the apps to show support. I purchased the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone app(multiple times for different phones) but since I don't have any android devices in my home I installed Bluestacks on my main PC, went to the Google Play store and bought Redshirt's MB3 app. Even though I wont be using the android app I just wanted to show any support I can because I use his gamebrowser plugin so this is my indirect way of supporting that plugin.

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
uber_garat

Another great way - buy the android, windows 8.1 or windows phone app.

That right there is an excellent point! :) I will do just that!

• 7 months later...

Just visit the front page of the dashboard. You do use Media Browser Server right?

Y'know... I cannot believe how hard it is to make a donation.  I have to make it from the PC where I watch my movies?  When I'm there... I'm watching movies.  I'm not sitting there with the lights on and a big old keyboard in my hand.  However, when I'm working in front of a PC and I'm thinking "I need to support these guys!" I can't do a thing.  I can't even buy an app as my stupid phone has terrible connectivity at work.

Seriously.  Please create a way to donate from THIS SITE.

We're working on making it possible from the main web site.

However, you can access your server dashboard from any web browser so it is also possible that way now.