No AV receiver only a multichannel dac

weedos123

weedos123

As it says above plus I also mainly use macs and Linux. My dac is an 8 channel exasound, which comes with its own asio drivers for both OS X and Windows, in OS X and Windows, they are noticeably better than the standard drivers.

On a Mac mini which I use as a client to play video and audio, I have used JRiver, which does use the asio drivers, but I'm not keen on the user interface. I've also used Plex, I like the interface but can't use the asio drivers. So to get the best of both worlds, thought I'd try Emby. I have a Linux server with the Emby server on. The web version on OS X just uses the standard core audio, so no better.

Thought I'd try Windows and Emby Theatre. So I boot camped the Mac mini and put Windows 10 and installed the asio drivers, which work fine with JRiver but I can't get any sound out of Emby theatre. The audio renderer just gives me the options of default, reclock or waspi. The waspi audio device options are default device, spdif or speakers. I have set bit streaming mode to none as want decoding done in the computer. No evidence of my asio drivers anywhere That I can see.

Is this my Windows lack of knowledge or is Emby theatre not designed to look for them? Which would be a great shame as I like the look of the interface on the tele and the iOS device I'd use to control playback.

Thanks Paul