1.2.11g transcodes everything

datikaa
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

datikaa

I've just noticed that with 1.2.11g every media is transcoded on my AndroidTv. My server is of version 3.1.42.0. And for sure I know that most of my media played with Direct video, and downmixed audio, but now, I only see Trans/I badge :/

Any idea what could cause this? I'm thinking about server side option fault, because that is more up to date as far as I recall.

datikaa

Here goes one. I've made a note, not every media played generates a transcode log, but remux is always there. I know that it will mostly be there coz of downmix, but worth to tell I guess. Also I've checked some media with plex, and it tell me that it is transcoding many media's video part also, that was usually direct play there too, but found some medaia there that plays video direct. Same media leaves only remux log for emby, but badge still Trans/I. (Starting to think about some nasty android update.)

transcode.txt

server.txt

post-119256-0-36965900-1467074561_thumb.jpg

Is it playing as you desire?  If the OSD hadn't told you it was transcoding would you have known?

Downmixing to stereo, in some circumstances, will require a transcode but only of the audio stream which will be very light on your server.