1.2.11a not working

squirrellydw

squirrellydw

Not sure what happened but version 1.2.11a is not working well for me at all.  Ever since it updated I've been having weird issues.  First the GUIDE ICON in the menu is missing, so I can't select it.  If I start watching TV and can then see the guide but if I go back to the menu its still gone.  

Also everything is transcoding again.  Anyone else having issues?  If not I will reinstall the server program and start over.

squirrellydw

OK, I figured it out but I don't understand.  In the server settings under Library/Advance I had added a Metadata Path, once I removed it and went to the default everything is working like it was.  Guide Icon showed up in the menu and is now playing Direct/V.

Any idea why?

Because changing that caused all your media to have to be re-scanned.

My guess is we had no media info for your items and now we do.

I suggest storing the metadata with the media but, if you must store it separately, just point it to a clear area.

squirrellydw

I had it pointed to a separate area with nothing else. I don't want it with my media because I like my media to be separated from it to keep it clean. A little OCD.

Well, storing it with the media (you could make it hidden) will avoid having to continually re-build it in a number of circumstances. Saving you time and bandwidth and load on the free providers we use.  But, its up to you...

squirrellydw

Can I store it all in one folder with my media? And does making it hidden also work on Linux? And if I ever need to see it do I just uncheck the hidden box?

Can I store it all in one folder with my media?

I don't really follow.  Storing with the media means storing it right alongside the media files.  So, whatever folder the media is in is where it will be.

And if I ever need to see it do I just uncheck the hidden box?

No.  That would only affect future items created.

squirrellydw

No.  That would only affect future items created.

So if I ever wanted to delete it how would I do that if I can't see it?  Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, just trying to figure out what's best for me.  I currently use PLEX for all my media and would like to use  one program for everything and Emby is getting really close.  Media should be fine but I still need to use Kodi for some Live TV since some channels still aren't working right.  Hope you can fix that part and I will good to go and will buy Preimer

You would either delete it in Emby or most file browsing applications have an option to show hidden files and folders so you could do that too.