[Feature] Chromecast volume buttons

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

When I use the YouTube or Netflix app with Chromecast, I am able to use the volume up or down buttons on my phone (even with the screen locked) to control my Chromecast volume. Is this a feature that could be eventually added for emby?

This would make it way easier to control the volume.. right now I have to enter my unlock code, reopen the app if it's not open, go to remote, then change volume. Would be way easier just to click thr volume button on side of phone without even having to unlock!

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Darkstyrm
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
Froghut

Any news on this? This is like the default behavior of every chromecast-able app out there.

Edited by Froghut

• 1 month later...
Froghut

*bump*

Is there any ETA on this? This is the most annoying thing for me right now. When watching stuff on chromecast I automatically try to adjust the volume by using the volume buttons on my android phone, just to realize I have to navigate around in the app to do this.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chromecast volume control with physical volume buttons will be supported in the next update to the app, thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
capitaineflam25

I'm not sure i understood what was the new feature : i was expecting to control volume up/down of a remote Emby from Windows Server, but i can only mute/unmute it :

post-280061-0-02698100-1520781483_thumb.png

Edited by capitaineflam25