Chromecast takes extra time to detect

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

When opening the emby app and clicking the cast button, it takes about 20 seconds to find the Chromecasts in my house. Other devices are there right away. Is there anyway to speed up the detection?

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi, I haven't seen this. We're using the google cast libraries, there really shouldn't be any delay. Make sure you're running the latest version of the app because we overhauled chromecast support a couple months ago.

AxelAxel3

Strange... it does it for me and my wife every single time we open the app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and she had a LG G4. I'm running the beta version of emby and she runs the publicly released version. This has been happening ever since you fixed the Chromecast not working at all.

AxelAxel3

I might can try this at my neighbors house that has a Chromecast too to rule out a network issue, but it will be a few days. However since YouTube and Netflix does not do this, I highly doubt its a network issue.

optimalt

Yes got the delay to. A workaround to speed up the detection is to first open Emby, then open the google cast app, or any app with chromecast support, and than go back to Emby again.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

AxelAxel3

Yes got the delay to. A workaround to speed up the detection is to first open Emby, then open the google cast app, or any app with chromecast support, and than go back to Emby again.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Do you get the same delay in other apps? I only see it in emby..

Edited by Darkstyrm