WMC Emby Library naming issue

nairnmonster

nairnmonster

Hi there,

I seem to have an issue with the naming of media. An example is "The Inbetweeners" There is two movies, the first "The Inbetweeners Movie" and the sequel "The Inbetweeners 2".

From previous versions of MB, it has both next to each other in the folders. However, The first movie "The Inbetweeners Movie" is filled under I but the sequel "The Inbetweeners 2" is filled under T.

I have looked at the metadata manager and can't see any reason for these to be separated.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

epayson85

Open each item in the metadata manager. The second movie must have the title or sort title with the word "the". My guess is the sort title since under title it should actually ignore "the". You can also just manually enter how you want it sorted by entering the correct title under "sort title". Make you either use "the" or don't use "the" for both movies.

nairnmonster

that fixed it, thanks for that.

How come I have to do this, is Emby reading old meta data from MB2 days? I haven't cleared that our and done a full metadata build. Is that recommended?

If you have local metadata, we will always use that over anything else.

by local you mean stuff in the folders of the movies and so on?

Yes.

nairnmonster

so, i deleted everythings from the library "folders, backdrops, mediainfo.data, movie.xml) and so on, then on the server set metadata to download and save artwork and metadata?

Also, how do I make it do a complete redownload of everything?