Import issue - TV Series showing as undefined

Deedeetee

Deedeetee

Hello!

I'm trying to import episodes of Doctor Who, under the TVDB tag of 76107, as it's the Classic Series, and Emby is having a bit of difficulty. It's missing seasons 1-4, 8 and 20, but imports all the other seasons correctly. The episodes appear under episodes, but the series header shows as 'undefined' and will not load up any further details. The file path for all the episodes is 'server'\Doctor Who\Doctor Who\Season 1 (with the correct season number for each season). All the seasons are filed the same. (The file structure is such, so that the new series can be found at 'server'\Doctor Who\Doctor Who (2005)\Series 1). Emby is able to recognise seasons 5-7, 9-19 and 21-24, along with the specials, so I don't understand why it's missing these seasons.

If I'm unable to get emby to recognise them, is there anyway I can identify the 'undefined' series?

Thank you!

Happy2Play

That is a nested folder structure so you will need to define the Doctor Who folder as Content Type TV in the Metadata Manager.

Complex Folder Structure

• Like 1

Deedeetee

That is a nested folder structure so you will need to define the Doctor Who folder as Content Type TV in the Metadata Manager.

Complex Folder Structure

Hello, I've done that, and imported as a tv series, even tried it as mixed media. It reads most of the folders, there's just six folders it refuses to identify. Even though it does the other twenty or so fine, there's no difference in any of them. Very frustrating...

Happy2Play

How about a screen shot of the exact issue.

• Like 1

Deedeetee

Sorry for the delay, had to work. :(

So, first of all, the main page looks like this, starting from season 5:

577177688c9fb_04.jpg

But in the episodes view, there's episodes from season 1 (not sure why it appears to have duplicated them here, they haven't been duplicated any other time):

577177e12c13c_06.jpg

When viewing the episode details, it shows the series as undefined, which takes you nowhere when you click on it:

5771781db257d_07.jpg

And the Meta Data (including the file path) looks like this:

577178593ae93_08.jpg

What I really don't understand is why this is struggling with some seasons, but can manage others, even though they have been imported in exactly the same manner... :unsure:

Happy2Play

Your last screen shot is probably why.  An episode is not Content type TV.  Looking at that structure in the last screen shot I am confused, your structure folder/series/series/season/series/season looks really confusing.

What is the exact structure of this folder/library?

• Like 1

Deedeetee

Your last screen shot is probably why.  An episode is not Content type TV.  Looking at that structure in the last screen shot I am confused, your structure folder/series/series/season/series/season looks really confusing.

What is the exact structure of this folder/library?

I've just checked the metadata for files that are missing, and everyone has a Content type of TV, unless I'm missing something. (All the files were imported as TV, there has been no change to any of the files, all imported the same as each other...)

The exact structure is 192.168.1.1/Doctor Who/Doctor Who/Season 1. (192.168.1.1 rather than the server name means all the pcs connecting to the server do so faster, I'm told...) All the folders are structured the same. So I'm not sure why some worked and some haven't.

It's not folder/series/series/season/series/season, it's server/folder/series/season/episode title. :) It's just the folder shares its name with the series title. (So I can find the Doctor Who stuff really quickly, rather than the other folders which are labelled TV Series 1 / 2 / 3 etc...) as there other Doctor Who related series in that folder (such as new who, K9, etc...)

Deedeetee

so what folder was added in library setup with content type tv?

I've tried using the 192.168.1.1\Doctor Who to import everything (as content type TV), then 192.168.1.1\Doctor Who\Doctor Who and even 192.168.1.1\Doctor Who\Doctor Who\Season 1, all with the same result. :(

It should be the first one, then remove your content type overrides on subfolder

• Like 1

Deedeetee

It should be the first one, then remove your content type overrides on subfolder

How would I do that, please? I've checked the metadata, and it's all showing as Content Type TV. (As an aside, the Doctor Who Confidential Folder, I've just noticed, has a Content Type of Inherit all the way through its sub-folders and that imported without any problems at all...)

Happy2Play

I don't understand this, the extra Doctor Who location.  Can you show that metadata path.

57718d7103590_577178593ae93_08.jpg

• Like 1

How would I do that, please? I've checked the metadata, and it's all showing as Content Type TV. (As an aside, the Doctor Who Confidential Folder, I've just noticed, has a Content Type of Inherit all the way through its sub-folders and that imported without any problems at all...)

set them back to inherit.

• Like 1

Deedeetee

I don't understand this, the extra Doctor Who location.  Can you show that metadata path.

57718d7103590_577178593ae93_08.jpg

As I stated earlier, it's 192.168.1.1 (the server)\Doctor Who (the generic folder for all the Doctor Who related TV shows)\Doctor Who (the folder for the classic episodes of Doctor Who)\ It's possible changing the folder name to Dr Who may work...

I think if you get all the content types correct, it will work but, to simplify your life you could also consider eliminating the top "Dr Who" folder and using a collection to group them.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

You performed a library scan after changing this?

• Like 1

Deedeetee

I think if you get all the content types correct, it will work but, to simplify your life you could also consider eliminating the top "Dr Who" folder and using a collection to group them.

That appears to be the solution (but renaming the folder, rather than eliminating it, as it's still required for keeping things nice and tidy on the server.)

The frustrating thing is that the problem only affects some of the seasons. All the other seasons worked fine, as did other shows in that folder. (Indeed, as did the tv shows in other folders named TV Series 1, etc...) Not sure why this is happening in such a random manner.

Happy2Play

From your screen shot it is because to the content type at each level of your nested folder structure.

Season 1 and Season 5 are in different folders/levels.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Deedeetee

You performed a library scan after changing this?

From your screen shot it is because to the content type at each level of your nested folder structure.

Season 1 and Season 5 are in different folders/levels.

Haha! That worked! I needed to do the library scan again (which took an age!) But it's worked, everything is there and I'm going to spend a few minutes being an absolute geek and just looking at it.

Thank you everyone for your help! :D