Showing new movies in kids account(They are not suppose to be there)

space2001

space2001

Having a issue now whenever a new movie gets added Example DEADPOOL for some reason it showed up in my kids account. Same goes for all new movies added.

When I go to the plugin and refresh everything from scratch they of course are not there.

So I copy the movie to my server, emby scans and finds it. But it is a higher rating then I allow for my kid account.

Thanks.

totalhavoc

I've seen this happen when a movie gets synced to a profile before it has grabbed a rating and has been downloaded into the metadata. This usually only happens if you have the block content with no rating boxes unchecked. I have also seen it happen if you are relying on tags to prevent content. Sometimes it gets synced to kodi before the tag is applied. The only way to fix it that I have found is to do a database repair, not a reset but the repair option.

Edited by totalhavoc
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

You don't need to do a repair, just a manual sync to remove what doesn't belong. What you need to do is block content without rating in the parental controls for that user.

totalhavoc

You don't need to do a repair, just a manual sync to remove what doesn't belong. What you need to do is block content without rating in the parental controls for that user.

It's been awhile since I ran into this, but I know that I had to do a repair as a manual would not remove it from kodi. I will test tonight when I get home. Probably was changed in one of the versions.