Problems with ICS

TopSideControl

TopSideControl

I've a relatively old tablet (tab 8.9) running ICS that has recently started having issues playing content. Everything should be transcoding. Sometimes playback starts with audio but no video and other times the app just crashes after pressing the play button. 

My new devices running JB & MM have no issues. I've also been able to flash a KK rom to the p5wifi and playback works but I'm afraid the ROM has other issues which make it unsuitable. 

(emby server & client are both beta). 

I'm on the process of getting logs & sample file together. Has anyone else has similar issues. 

• 1 month later...
TopSideControl

Right I finally have the time to test this again. Logs attached from the server & the client. The file appears to start to play but then the player just resets. 

No problems playing from newer Android versions or any other players. 

e6265871-9155-4368-97ef-7a8c47b15f62.log

Edited by TopSideControl

TopSideControl

Actually I've removed my server log as I seems to contain my public hostname/IP, is there a secure way I can upload these logs or scrub them?

Does the app crash or just the player bounces back to the previous screen in the app?

TopSideControl

Sometimes the app crashes (back to android home screen) sometimes the player just stops. 

I test with an external player (BSplayer) and had no issues watching the same shows.