Developing a Channel Plugin - Adding items as Series

mzalewski

mzalewski

Hi

I've been working on a channel plugin today that uses the Trakt API to display trending TV shows. I've got it partly working - each item shows up as a folder, but it's not picking up any TVDB info even though I am providing the Id. 

Each folder should be detected as a series. I've tried looking through the source code, as well as looking at existing plugins, but I can't seem to find anything that helps.

Is it possible to return a list of ChannelItemInfo objects that will be detected as a TV Series and have the metadata refreshed automatically? The only thing I can think of is to create a new ChannelManager but this seems overkill

Thanks

Hi, welcome. I will add two new ChannelFolderTypes, Series and Season. That will allow the channel items to get converted into regular tv objects. We haven't done this with channels yet, so I'm sure more will probably be needed, but it's the first step.

• Like 1

mzalewski

Great, thanks. I've managed to work around it for now, but the additional types will definitely make things a lot easier.