Bug: Version 3.0.5972.0 - Missing "Overview" field in Metadata Manager

MarcusJ

MarcusJ

I just noticed that the "Overview" field is missing in the Metadata Manager.  I'm running Version 3.0.5972.0.  It was there yesterday, but gone today.

Also...is there any way to give us Windows users the option to select a "Do not show this message again" box on the "Try Edge..." pop-up?  Like everyone, I've seen it 1,000+ times.  We get it.  Can we please opt out of seeing it every time we use the system?

Thank you!

Happy2Play

Your going to need to provide specific examples.

As for the pop-up there are a couple of topics with custom css to not see them anymore.

MarcusJ

Within the Metadata Manager - I was trying to edit the metadata for my movie library.  I noticed that the entire field called "Overview" was missing.  I am attaching a screen shot.

Thanks!

post-124799-0-74156500-1466795804_thumb.jpg

That's odd yes. It really should always be there. We'll look into it. Thanks.

MarcusJ

I just now rebooted the computer again and the "Overview" field is now there again.  So strange???

Was anything ever found and fixed or is this just a random thing that can occur now and then??

We're not currently aware of any issues with that field, but for a better experience, consider trying a modern browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.

Happy2Play

Was just going to post no issues on my system running 5972.

MarcusJ

Nothing out of the ordinary added to the browser.  I only have the Google toolbar installed, but that's been there all along.

I do run the computer very hard with some enormous programs at times.  Is it even possible that this is symptomatic of the system running out of memory and shedding non-critical functions?  I remember about 6-8 weeks ago a different field was dropped out of the metadata manager, and then magically reappeared....

Next time I see the issue, I will launch Edge and see if the problem disappears or shows up in both browsers.