first “official” Alpha v17 Krypton release

e123enitan

e123enitan

https://kodi.tv/10-days-till-first-v17-krypton-alpha-release/

Although this version is yet officially supported by the Dev team, however, for those of you that have been experimenting ie DIY emby/Kodi Krypton, could U share you view of the experience so far, I heard it is fast/smooth on all platforms, I am excited, can wait to upgrade once the supports is available HERE. :)

Cheers!

Jdiesel

What platform are you on? The LibreELEC x86 and RPi builds work very well. Lots of work has been done on the video rendering side of things and Krypton now uses VideoPlayer by default instead of DVDPlayer. Biggest change that most users will notice in the new default skin Estuary. I personally hate it but you can still use Confluence or one of the many other Kodi skins if the new one isn't for you.

I've been using a modified version of the Kodi for Emby plugin for a few weeks with Krypton and everything seems to work quite well. I would expect an official version of the plugin to appear once a Krypton RC is out.

Edited by Jdiesel

• 4 weeks later...
arrbee99

Can I just check if anyone knows if its still the plan to release Emby for Kodi v17 (or whatever its called) only when Kodi gets to the RC stage ?