(Ubuntu) Not showing files in Movies or TV Shows.

TehEpikDuckeh

TehEpikDuckeh

I switched from Windows Server 2012 r2 to Ubuntu (16.04? forgot :P) and reinstalled Emby server. Anyways, I fixed the permissions up for the "emby" user w/ R+W and everything was detected just fine. Issue is whenever I go into Movies or TV Shows, no items are shown, only the suggestions and not the full list of items. I've tried everything with no luck. I've tried everything, even upgrade from the stable build to the beta build (that's what I was on prior) to see no changes. Thanks.

server-63602234407.txt

Hi, I see you have the backup plugin installed. Did you restore from a windows-based backup? 

CaptainMoody

Both the OPs logs and mine have similar error reports to do with Mono:

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

TehEpikDuckeh

Hello, I actually forgot about the backup plugin I had installed when I did this procedure. I followed your guide on transfering an installation to another system and simply copied the Emby-Server folder from Windows, put them on a hard drive, and installed the folders in your guide. 

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10427-how-to-migrate-emby-server/

On the web client, you can go to the TV Shows section w/ the advanced view (forgot what it's called) and see suggestions just fine. If I were to select a suggestion (that works fine) and select the show name next to the title of the episode, it shows me the root of the show with all information. If I were to just move over to the "Shows" tab, it will just show a loading gif and not do anything. I also looked at a log and found that the server may not be searching properly when the "Shows" tab is selected. So I do know that Emby has found all the files, also because it took 30 minutes to scan the library...

As CaptainMoody also has, I have Kodi and see no files. I doubt it's a permission thing as it partly works and I already fixed those up. I'm just guessing that Emby Server may not be checking the files when called for all files.

If you need me to, I can post a demonstration w/ screenshots.

Ok, did that include the db files? I am not sure those are going to work from windows to linux, quite possibly not. Are you able to test a clean install?

TehEpikDuckeh

I forgot if I had or had not copied that over so I just renamed the old libraries name to something else. It's still having the issue with the newly created library. I wouldn't be able to do a clean install at this time. I'd have to do it another day.

TehEpikDuckeh

Oh I'm also not receiving emails about your replies. I've tried changing the settings for notifications as well.

TehEpikDuckeh

Edit: Just removed the extra files, still not working. I even attempted to give the Emby user root privileges and still no success... :/

I backed up the files so I could do a fresh install. It still fails to work properly and will not show all movies. Strange enough, whenever I go to the "STUDIOS" tab, all the studios show up. Whenever I click one, it does not show the movies inside, just the name and logo of studio. Will try to remove the extra files in that folder (artwork and others made by the old installation).

Edited by TehEpikDuckeh

CaptainMoody

I Completely uninstalled the beta and re-installed the standard version fresh. Everything is working OK.

TehEpikDuckeh

So I decided to test if the stable build to see if there is any changes. Well guess what? The damn thing began working again! Something in the beta is not working properly... :/
Thanks for the idea CaptainMoody. :P

If you need me to move back over to beta for more testing then let me know. I'll try helping.

Edited by TehEpikDuckeh