TV show nfos being created in season folders

MrFlibbles

MrFlibbles

Hi All,

I have noticed some odd behaviour recently. Can't say if it was from only the recent server release or the one before.

Whenever a new episode is placed in an existing TV show season folder, emby creates a tvshow.nfo file in the season folder. It seems to view the season as a entirely new show and detects it as a random show that contains the same season number like "Simpsons Complete Season 4".

It has not done this before. I have not changed my folder structure. The only option I have recently changed in Emby server is set realtime monitoring to "yes" as it did not appear to be working on auto, not sure why that should cause it to detect things incorrectly however.

File structure:

\\server\Video\TV Shows\Orange Is the New Black\Season 3

Library folder:

5768ee0ed5a59_libraryfolder.jpg

Server Version 3.0.5972.0

The server log shows oddities like:

2016-06-21 14:55:04.8822 Error MovieDbSeasonProvider: No metadata found for 32016-06-21 14:55:04.8822 Info LibraryMonitor: The Simpsons: Complete Season 4 (\\FILESERVER\Video\TV Shows\Orange Is the New Black\Season 4) will be refreshed.

Full server log attached.

Both the season.nfo and the tvshow.nfo are in the season folders with the season.nfo showing the correct info. If I delete the tvshow.nfo from the season folder it displays correctly initially but just re-appears after the next file is updated in the folder triggering a rescan.

Any ideas?

Jon

server-63602109827.txt

MrFlibbles

So no-one else has this issue?

I shutdown emby and deleted the erroneous tvshow.nfo files in season folders and started emby again. It seemed to be fine, even after I freshed the metadata. I looked though each episode in seasons I was having issues with via the web client and saw everything as it should be. No longer did I have episodes of "Orange is the New Black" listed as "Simpsons Complete Season 4" with a discription of "The Bachelor UK" (which has never been in my collection).

Yesterday however, new shows were added and emby is acting up again. New Silicon Valley was added which triggered rescan and some how was detected as "Studio C: Class Favorites" (also never in my collection). The right TVDB, TMDB and IMDB IDs are there on the Series in the webclient.

2016-06-27 13:37:00.6005 Info App: Removing virtual season Silicon Valley 1
2016-06-27 13:37:00.6629 Info App: Creating Season Series 1 entry for Silicon Valley
2016-06-27 13:37:00.6785 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/277165-1-11.jpg
2016-06-27 14:16:53.8163 Info LibraryMonitor: \\FILESERVER01\Video\TV Shows\Silicon Valley\Season 3\Silicon.Valley.s03e10.The.Uptick.HDTV-720p.mkv reports change.
2016-06-27 14:16:53.8163 Info LibraryMonitor: \\FILESERVER01\Video\TV Shows\Silicon Valley\Season 3 reports change.
2016-06-27 14:16:53.8163 Info LibraryMonitor: \\FILESERVER01\Video\TV Shows\Silicon Valley reports change.
2016-06-27 14:16:53.8163 Info LibraryMonitor: Studio C: Cast Favorites Season 3 (\\FILESERVER01\Video\TV Shows\Silicon Valley\Season 3) will be refreshed.

This looks fine:

57727702925c6_siliconvalleys3.jpg

This has the wrong Series and Season info up top:

57727740d75c9_siliconvalleys3e01.jpg

and for good measure, the newly created tvshow.nfo for Season 3 above, is for "The Biggest Winner Arab (Season 3)" (not in my collection)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <plot>The Biggest Winner Arab (season 3) is the third season of the Arabic version of the original NBC American reality television series The Biggest Loser. The third season premiered on October 11, 2008.</plot>
  <outline>The Biggest Winner Arab (season 3) is the third season of the Arabic version of the original NBC American reality television series The Biggest Loser. The third season premiered on October 11, 2008.</outline>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2016-05-23 16:03:52</dateadded>
  <title>Studio C: Cast Favorites Season 3</title>
  <rating>0</rating>
  <website>http://www.mbc.net/bw</website>
  <imdb_id>tt3376498</imdb_id>
  <tmdbid>31402</tmdbid>
  <premiered>0001-01-01</premiered>
  <releasedate>0001-01-01</releasedate>
  <enddate>2016-05-23</enddate>
  <votes>0</votes>
  <runtime>90</runtime>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <studio>Middle East Broadcasting Center</studio>
  <season>-1</season>
  <episode>-1</episode>
  <status>Ended</status>
</tvshow>

These were showing 100% correct on the weekend after deleting the tvshow.nfo files from the seasons folders. Any ideas please?

If it helps Season 2 of Silicon Valley shows as "Studio C: Best of Season 2 - Series 2" on the episode level so it is somehow detecting the right season number, just adding metadata making it a random TV Show rather than a season of the show the folder is in.

I have attached another log. The troublesome tvshow.nfo files were created at 2.17pm and 2.24pm on 27th June.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this as it has me perplexed.

Regards,

Jon

server-63602582400.txt

MrFlibbles

Thanks ebr, giving that a go now. Any ideas why this may have happened? Seem to be the same symptoms as Quizabuck had but I had moved to nfos well over 6 months ago.

MrFlibbles

Completed and rescanned library, my latest media is all screwed up now but if it fixes the issue then I'll be happy. :)

Interestingly, my library.db is almost half the size it was prior and the refreshinfo.db is tiny.

Before:
library.db     183,164 KB
refreshinfo.db  17,296 KB
After:
library.db      90,680 KB
refreshinfo.db       4 KB

Guess that means there was some mess in both the DBs I didn't need? Browsing seems quicker in the webclient now as well.

Edited by MrFlibbles