Server profile settings

jerren
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

jerren

I recently had some data corruption in my server so i had to reinstall it together with emby.

Do i need to transfer something from the old disk so that emby will know what i have set as "like" and "seen"? Or is there something else i need to do?

Thanks in advance

• Solution
Happy2Play

If you don't use the Server Configuration Backup plugin then look at this topic

• Like 2

jerren

I don't use the back up plugin but i might start doing that from now on, i did what was said in the topic you linked. Hopefully after the scan it shows that it remembered everything

Happy2Play

As long as your restored users.db and userdata_v2.db, you should be fine after library scan finishes.

jerren

Well i did all to be safe but so far the library scan is taking ages, been at 39.4% since last night and i see it still has not changed.

EDIT

day has almost passed an it's still stuck at 39.4% an extra scan is active now called refresh people wich is stuck at 0.0% the entire time i've seen it.

EDIT 2

So yeah night has passed and it's still stuck at 39.4%, refresh people still stuck at 0 so i'm guessing it didn't work. Would a server restart help? Stopping the scan and restarting it? Maybe a program i can use to open a db file that allows me to see what the old paths were? (never know i made a mistake)

Edited by jerren

jerren

K i think i waited long enough and it's still stuck at the same percentages, i found this http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ but i rather check here first. Will it work to see the contents of the db file? or does anyone have an idea why it's stuck?

I can see that it recognised some movies already and tagged them as seen, some have their images but majority don't. All the other stuff doesn't seem to be recognized, yes they were different folders that's why i think i might not have used the correct path's as it did before i had to do the reinstall.

jerren

Well as far as i know it is a specific example that i started with and then i gave options that might help but that i had no idea if they were valid so i presented them here in hopes somebody would say something like tries this or that first or yes go ahead something along those lines. For your 2nd advice a log was impossible at start since i couldn't start emby from the old disk anymore, now i decided to go with let's just reboot the entire server and see what happens, it's at 40.1% atm so the solution might have been the simplest and oldest one all along but i'm get back when it's done.

I read the topic on how to report a problem and i followed it as best i could given my state of "oh crap i might have lost my settings and such" (slight over dramatization but you get my drift)

jerren

Ok no idea why but it finally managed to finish the scan and it recognized all my settings and put them accordingly. Why it stopped on 39.4% and 87.7% no idea maybe a limit to what it can process at a time i dunno but it got solved so i'm happy :)

Just in case someone else has this problem in the future, whenever it gets stuck (wait a couple hours to be sure it's stuck :) and then restart the emby server. In my case it just resumed it usual scan after start up at some point it got stuck again and then restart again took a couple ones but it finally managed to complete the scan and utilize all everything from the .db files

Thanks for the help!