Channel not changing

screwfaze

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting back. At least it's a step in the right direction. I'll continue tinkering to try and find a solution and let you know when I have a new build for you to test.

screwfaze

Hi,

I have started using Netxtpvr now and have found that about 3/4 times when I try and play any channel I get an error from Kodi that failed to play. I have attached my Kodi log I dont know if this is part of the same channel changing issue.

Thanks

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

Ok your log doesn't give us much to go on. Can you enable Kodi debug and grab a new log trying to playback liveTV? Thanks!

Angelblue05

Ok, thanks. I will have to check why this is not working. Was it not working previously? I thought you had trouble changing channel, but now it's a different problem, you can't start the stream. What changed since?

screwfaze

Hi,

I changed to nextpvr from serverwmc. Everything else is the same as before

Thanks

Angelblue05

You can try to revert back, see if it helps...

Otherwise, it will be reviewed at a later time. There's a few things that need to be updated in the way we set up playback. Not having live tv myself makes this next to impossible to troubleshoot. I don't believe any dev on the emby for kodi team has live tv set up either... I will keep you posted if something changes.

• 4 weeks later...
screwfaze

Hi Angelblue05,

I know you are really busy with other things but any chance you have any time to look at this for me would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Angelblue05

No, I honestly don't know what could be wrong my friend. The last "solution" came from Luke. We'll have to overhaul playback which is going to be done at some point in a near future. Since I do not have Live TV, I can't really support the feature. @@marcelveldt - I know you implemented this to help out until an actual kodi emby live TV add-on is created... Do you have Live TV to hopefully get down to the bottom of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

screwfaze

Thanks for all the help guys. This is probably a dumb question but is it possible to have emby theatre on a raspberry pi without kodi?

Thanks

xnappo

Thanks for all the help guys. This is probably a dumb question but is it possible to have emby theatre on a raspberry pi without kodi?

Thanks

Not at this time - no. 

I would really add the native Kodi TV support if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
marcelveldt

Hi Marcelveldt

Any chance you have any update on this as Angelblue05 mentioned.

Thanks.

We're working on a fix for this. A Kodi PVR addon is in the making but that will take a while before it's ready.

For now we fixed the TV channels experimental stuff in the emby addon for Kodi.

If you want to test, you'd have to check out the playback branch on Github

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
screwfaze

Hi Marcelveldt,

Please find some logs attached, I have installed the addon from playback branch and still having issues with the Live TV.

Thanks.

kodi.log

screwfaze

I have also noticed the livetv is slow to start even on emby on the same computer as the server maybe this is part of the problem.

Thanks