Emby for kodi - library sync thread has exited

dragonmar

dragonmar

Hi Guys

Have been having an issue with emby addon for kodi for the last couple of days.

System is :

Windows 10 HTPC with Emby server - Version 3.0.5972.0

Kodi / Jarvis 16.1

Emby for Kodi addon - latest

The message "thread has exited you should restart kodi now" keeps on appearing and I now cannot access the library at all.

Have tried to reset the DB & uninstall and re-install the addon with no success.

Could you please have a look at the attached log and possibly advise?

Thanks

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Looks like your Kodi database got corrupted somehow. What you will have to do is delete the Kodi database. Then try to do a reset.

You can find the kodi database in appdata/roaming/kodi/{kodi profile}/userdata/database - delete myvideosxx.db.  Launch Kodi - it will recreate the file, launch the emby for kodi add-on and reset. Let me know if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
StealthDefender

I have the same problem on 2 systems. Looks like sync dont work correctly at the moment!

Will try a reset a second time!

Greetz Stealth

Angelblue05
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I don't think we can do anything about this error. I do not have any issues with the sync - and nothing has changed in that area in a long time.

How big is your Kodi database file? It does seem to be corrupted to me. A reset would not fix this - you need to delete the Kodi database like I said in my previous post and THEN reset.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

MischaBoender
I have the same issue since last week, but I'm running Emby and Kodi on Linux.

Already tried a full database reset, which didn't help. I'll also try removing the DB and then do a sync.

StealthDefender

I have the same issue since last week, but I'm running Emby and Kodi on Linux.

Already tried a full database reset, which didn't help. I'll also try removing the DB and then do a sync.

Hm!!?? I will try it today and lopk what its meant tp be!

I cannot imagine that the same error or corrupt database appear on 2 different devices on exact the same day.

Angelblue05

You say you have the same error? Database is malformed or?? Library sync exited is a generic message - it catches all the errors so everyone will see it if the addon crashes - but doesn't mean the addon crashed for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1