Addon broken with Beta server (currently 3.1.33)

puithove
Go to solution Solved by puithove,

puithove

Looks like the addon doesn't like the recent server changes (I think there have been some API changes).  Wasn't syncing (no error showing in the UI though).  So I did a database reset.  On the initial sync, it skipped movies, quickly showed "Gathering Boxsets", the completed saying successful.  Nothing was synced.

Then did a complete Kodi wipe (removed the entire .kodi config dir) for the sake of completeness.  Installed the addon.  Same thing.

kodi.log attached.

puithove

Started going back a few versions in the Beta branch, and versions prior to 3.1.33 seem to cause the dreaded "Library sync thread has exited" that has been reported in a few other threads (not sure if they were running the beta server or if there was another issue).  So 3.1.33 looks different from those previous versions.

I can try to track down the specific version where it went bad if that'll help.

Angelblue05

I'll let you know - I am testing using my test server (3.1.33) - the other thread was a bug that should already be corrected since 3.1.30 I believe. 

Edit: No - it's syncing fine. Odd.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@puithove can you repeat your test - just enable the add-on debug please. You can then run the repair database task by launching the emby add-on. Post your Kodi log, thanks.

puithove

Yes, I'll repeat it right now with addon debug enabled.

Hmmmm... so yours is working fine on 3.1.33? 

I just went back through beta builds (all using my same server data).  at 3.1.23 everything is working fine - this seems to be the last working server version for me.  At 3.1.24 and the next several versions, it crashes the addon at TVShows.  Log attached.

Then at 3.1.33, it does what I described above.  I have run the clean database task on 3.1.33.

Angelblue05

Yeah, as I said, pre-3.1.30 you'll hit the bug that was reported in other threads... Just do the test I asked with 3.1.33 - from your first log, it looks like we couldn't find the emby views... So debug would help to see what happened. Thanks

And yes, I did a complete reset with my server (3.1.33) and it's working fine - it found the views/content correctly.

Edited by Angelblue05

puithove

Ok, here you go - initial sync with debug logging.  I see "Read_EmbyServer -> logMsg : Error retrieving views for type: movies" for all the different library types.

• Like 1

puithove

Ok, thanks for looking into it.  BTW - here is the server log from that same timeframe.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, that doesn't look good. Looks like a server issue rather than an add-on one. Specifically with using this api entrypoint: /emby/Users/{UserId}/Items?Sortby=SortName&format=json

When we query views directly, it works correctly: /emby/Users/{UserId}/Views?format=json

I run my server on windows and I do not have this issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I will make him aware of the thread - For now, what you can do is revert back to previous server version and just enable to sync empty shows in the add-on settings.

Edited by Angelblue05

puithove

Ok.  I'll actually drop back to stable server for now.  Let me know and I'll test again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
puithove

I'm happy to report that with Server beta 3.1.44 and addon beta 2.2.12 this appears to be resolved.

• Like 1