Aspect Ratio(?) is off for some tv shows, with season covers and synopsis partly off screen

Jack Burton
Go to solution Solved by AdrianW,

Jack Burton

Noticed this on a few shows, though most are fine. Can't seem to find any correlation as to why those specific shows don't fit on screen

5766bce69cd6c_ScreenshotTheatreOffscreen

5766bcff4974b_ScreenshotTheatreOffscreen

AdrianW

I think you mean the sizing is off - the aspect ratio of the covers looks fine. The season covers are much larger than they should be.

BUT - this exact same thing is happening to me for both Family Guy and The Simpsons. 

• Solution
AdrianW

I figured out the cause - it's the length of the "role" field for some of the cast - both Seth MacFarlane and Alex Borstein perform the voices for multiple characters and have a very long list of names in their respect role fields.

Same thing with a bunch of the voice actors on The Simpsons.

I tried removing the long roles and those two shows started displaying correctly again. Putting the full roles back, causes the posters to be too large and the show overview to be cropped.

• Like 2

Jack Burton

Interesting. Sizing for sure is what I meant. I'll give the fix a go, I've noticed it on Family Guy, The Simpsons, and Orphan Black. I was trying to figure out something common between the shows, but was clearly looking overthinking it, like shows from Fox or BBC America, years, number of seasons, etc

Jack Burton

Awesome, that worked. Kinda sucks that the lead actors aren't available now, but it totally fixed the issue. Thanx for the sleuthing!

Edit: I actually just changed the roles for the actors, like "Peter Griffin, etc." Keeps the actors on screen, perfect

Edited by Jack Burton

Jack Burton

OK, so after a scan the characters all came back and the issue persists. If I lessen the characters to an amount that won't affect sizing, then lock to prevent future changes, will that also lock it for any new content?

AdrianW

Hopefully Luke will apply a fix to allow for very long role name strings.