Transcoding issue, I think

slyder33

slyder33

I have been using Emby flawlessly for a really long time, however recently a couple movies began playing across my Nexus Player with no audio. these were avi files. I read that the Nexus supported mp4 natively so I converted it and it worked. Great, except now they play across my other android devices without video. I tested in Chrome and it plays fine.

I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. no one else has admin access to the server.  I'm running it in a Esx server under Server 2012.  As I said it has run fine until about a month or so ago. and seemed to only affect avi files. I am currently running the latest Emby release.

I have attached the logs that should reflect today's attempts. If you need additional info please let me know. 

Thanks for reading, any help is greatly appreciated.

server-63601804800.txt

server-63601851518.txt

transcode-485726d3-b674-4383-8b1e-7143aaafcea7.txt

Hi, the logs look fine here so i'm not really sure what the issue is. can you provide a sample file for testing? thanks.

Perfect. If you cut a file just make sure the issue occurs with the edited version. Thanks!

slyder33

Ok, I clipped it, and the clip plays fine but the source file doesn't so I'm at a total loss...

I'm going to restore the original avi file and see what happens. I will let you know.

slyder33

I put it back and the same thing happens. Is it possible that something updated on the Nexus Player that is causing an incompatibility all of a sudden? 

I'm attaching the logs of the failed avi and the working mp4.  Thanks for looking at it!!

server-63601851518.txt

transcode-94ae589f-0bb2-444c-a039-30615d20b7fe.txt

transcode-d17db706-7044-4a42-a34a-a9792d044186.txt

So you're saying it's working now or it's not? And you're using the mobile app on your nexus player?

slyder33

Luke,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not clarifying better. The avi file works on everything except the Nexus Player. On the Nexus Player the video on the avi works but no audio. The mp4 works on the Nexus and Chrome, but not the android app it only gets audio.

I'm using the (I believe) Android TV version on the Nexus Player. whatever shows up in the playstore on it.  should I attempt to sideload the mobile version and see if it plays correctly with it?

That would provide good information but you might have a hard time doing that as the mobile app doesn't support input from a physical remote. but if you can make that work then yes it would be a good test. Since this is actually for the tv app, I'll move this topic to the android tv section. When Ebr returns tomorrow he'll be the best person to provide input on it.

slyder33

I have a mouse and keyboard paired as well so as long as i can navigate I will try and post the results!

• 2 weeks later...
slyder33

Sorry for the long delay. I attempted sideloading the android app, same outcome.  very frustrating as I have been using it for so long without any trouble, and now I have multiple videos that won't play.  I did change audio to downstream which allowed some of the audio to play but coincidentally once i did that the audio on those files began to freeze..... 

at a loss...

slyder33

Under settings in the app on the Nexus Player.

Now I'm also getting video hangs etc even in the browser. i have not changed anything else....

Can you provide more info on the browser issue? Basically the same as you did in post #1. Thanks.