New TV series not populating in Kodi without Manual Sync

kpate77
Go to solution Solved by kpate77,

kpate77

Addon version: 2.210

Kodi: 16.0

When a new series is added to my TV folder, it does not show in Kodi until a Manual Sync is performed.  It displays in the Emby web browser fine.    This happens each and every time a new series is added to the server.  On occasion I have also noticed that after populating (after manual sync), the newest series added has later (days) disappeared from Kodi, needing another manual sync to repopulate.

New episodes to existing series populate immediately upon being added to the Emby Server - no issues there.  Movies also populate immediately.  

I don't have a log file, as it is not that often that I add new series, but I guess I could try to recreate it with a series that I do not currently have.  Before I did that, just wondering if it was a known problem or a setting that needed changing on my end.

Thanks!!

Edited by kpate77

Angelblue05

Not a known issue. We'll need your Kodi log when you see this issue happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpate77

Ok, thanks for reply.  I'll try to download a random show and recreate issue over weekend.

• Like 1

kpate77

Oh wow, I had a lot more missing than I thought.  I have a few folders that I save shows to that I *might* watch one day, so I wasn't aware they were even missing. 

Logs are attached.  

Preacher, Animal Kingdom, Prison Break, and Guilt are all showing in Emby Web interface, but not in Kodi.  I have performed Manual Syncs since some (probably all) of these were originally downloaded and they are still not showing. Logs reference virtual seasons being skipped for these.

Of Kings and Prophets and Marco Polo also reference virtual seasons being skipped, but they ARE showing fine in Kodi.

I also added "O.J. Made in America" since my last Manual Sync.  It is showing in Emby Web UI, but not in Kodi and I do not see reference to it in the logs.

Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, can you do the following, because your log doesn't show enough info: change the add-on log level - set it to Debug. Then go to your metadata manager, to the series that do not show up in Kodi - hit save. Wait a few moments for the add-on to process this and post your Kodi log. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@kpate77

Ok, I'm seeing some weird behavior with Ancestors lookup - it returns None instead of the Emby library to which is belongs to, which means your series are not tagged correctly by the add-on... Can you confirm the following in Kodi: Go to Videos > TV Shows (the default Kodi entry, not the Emby one) and validate the show is actually there?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

What is your server version? Can you confirm one last thing: Can you repeat the test with a tv show that actually shows up correctly? Go to your metadata manager and hit save. Does it say None in your Kodi log, like the following?

18:23:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : UPDATE tvshow itemid: f4b6daac9e1cb590810edd5186b6c0e1 - Title: Silicon Valley
18:23:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Adding Tags: [None]
18:23:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Create tag_id: 22 name: None

kpate77

Version 3.0.5972.0

I tested on two series and both disappeared from Kodi when I hit save in metadata manager.  

20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : showid: 179 pathid: 1181
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> logMsg : === ENTER downloadUrl ===
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : View tag found: None
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : UPDATE tvshow itemid: 05f0e1d2b913b88332424c46fb4fa233 - Title: Black Sails
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Adding Tags: [None]
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Create tag_id: 30 name: None
20:25:47 T:7944  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Adding tag: None

Angelblue05

Ok, thanks for confirming. I will let you know once I figure something out.

@@kpate77 I would try to update your server. For some reason, your server api is not returning a response when we query items/{Id}/Ancestors - it's not normal. I can't reproduce the issue. Do you have the same issue with your movies?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Luke any ideas how to fix this server side? Would updating their server help any? Or a full reinstall? The api doesn't return a response when we query Ancestors - it's bugged. No one else has reported any such issue.

@@kpate77 if there's no answer - I would suggest running the repair database task by launching the Emby add-on in Kodi > repair database. It should fix your content back to normal. However this won't fix your issue server side - at this time, you can either wait for an answer or simply try to reinstall your server, which I assume should correct any issues moving forward. You can following this quick tutorial to back up important things: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10427-how-to-migrate-emby-server/

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
kpate77

@@Angelblue05 I reinstalled my Emby server today and so far so good.  Series are not disappearing from Kodi when I hit save in metadata manager.  

Here is the portion of log that we discussed before.  Does this now look correct?

16:35:08 T:4072  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : View tag found: TV - Pending
16:35:08 T:4072  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> logMsg : UPDATE tvshow itemid: 1610e58ce2b1ed035821c8f70499b7c5 - Title: Animal Kingdom (2016)
16:35:08 T:4072  NOTICE: EMBY Kodidb_Functions -> logMsg : Adding Tags: [u'TV - Pending']
16:35:08 T:4072  NOTICE: EMBY DownloadUtils -> logMsg : === ENTER downloadUrl ===

Thanks!
  • Like 1