Cleaning up collections?

raptorjr

raptorjr

Is the clean database task supposed to clean empty collections also? I removed a movie from my HDD that was the only movie in a collection. The movie is gone from Emby, but the collection isn't.

Do I have to clean up empty collections myself?

Happy2Play

Have you tried Refreshing the Collection?  The movie path is written in the Collection.xml.

Good day,

"The plugin in (auto box set) should handle this?" I ask myself this, but I was wrong indeed.

@@ebr should look to this, as I update some titile and still the plugin can not update the issue, only way on this to do it manually (remove then add).

Sorry for hijack this thread.

My best

Happy2Play

Good day,

"The plugin in (auto box set) should handle this?" I ask myself this, but I was wrong indeed.

@@ebr should look to this, as I update some titile and still the plugin can not update the issue, only way on this to do it manually (remove then add).

Sorry for hijack this thread.

My best

@@Abobader I believe it was removed from the plugin when there was the issue of collection items disappearing (ie TMDB changes).  There is a topic somewhere about it.

• Like 1

Yea we kept having to answer questions about why collections were automatically disappearing. Honestly we got a bit overwhelmed by it so we just said we're not going to do it anymore.

• Like 1

Good day,

I fully understand the issue regarding asking why this why that as well with TMDB change issue, but..

But a plugin should keep up with your titles within your media library when library scan done, otherwise what the point then.

As I recall, one time Ebr said you can lock it and no change with do on it.

But all in all, I think a user can handle this manually without problem, auto box set still great plugin.

Well done all.

My best

raptorjr

Not that easy to delete it either. Thought it should have been done through the metadata manger, but it wasn't there. Had to open the collection and delete it.

So the meta data manager did understand that it was empty and of no use.

Edited by raptorjr