Combine different country apps on J series

flokic

flokic

Hi guys,

I have an issue: my tv is set to United States so I'm offered the apps in the american hub but I would like to know if it's possible to sideload apps from other countries, such as BBCiplayer and ITV player through usb?

I found various instructions and videos on how to do it in previous Samsung series but not the J (2015). Plus I can't find any apps in a .zip file, only .apk which as far as I know can't be used on Tizen.

If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated! 

FrostByte

I believe the extension for Tizen apps has changed.  This is what I found on the Samsung developers forum

"Create a folder in the root of your usb called 'userwidget' and stick the .wgt file in there.  It will install automatically when you plug it in to the tv."

• Like 1

flokic

I believe the extension for Tizen apps has changed.  This is what I found on the Samsung developers forum

"Create a folder in the root of your usb called 'userwidget' and stick the .wgt file in there.  It will install automatically when you plug it in to the tv."

Thanks FrostByte. Do you perhaps know where I can find apps such as the ones I mentioned in that format (.wgt) a site that has them?

FrostByte

I couldn't find any mention of anyone building a Tizen version of similar apps in the forums.  I haven't really spent a lot of time with the Tizen stuff yet so there could be one and I just don't see it, sorry. 

Here's a link to some really small Tizen apps though if you just want to test the instructions above.

https://github.com/SamsungDForum/

Edited by FrostByte