Changing subtitles while playing

TroyBennett

TroyBennett

with my remote control in the past I use to hit down, which brings up the pause, forward, return, cc, etc. then navigate to cc.  Hit ok on my remote and then choose my subtitle.  since 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 this no longer functions that way, I can't get to cc no matter what i do, except when i use the mouse i can manully hit cc and then i can choose my subtitle.

NWGiles

on mhy wmc remote i press ok, which has me on the play/pause  then i use the right key to move to high light the CC , click ok then gives me my options

TroyBennett

For me, when i hit ok. the play/pause ff/rw a music icon and cc icon comes up from the bottom of the screen (same thing as when i press down on the remote).  Only the play/pause, music icon, and cc icon are enabled.  the ff/rw are greyed...looks like they aren't enabled.  so when i press right to head over to the ff spot the highlight disappears from play/pause but doesn't go to the ff it just disappears.  I try pushing right again...still can't see where the highlight is, because nothing is highlighted but should be where the music icon is, push right one more time, now it should be where the CC is, hit ok and i get the on screen keyboard. This happens if I press 'OK' on the remote, push right one time (should be over the ff) and press 'OK' again, the online keyboard shows.  Once i get to the online keyboard, then exit it by hitting the left arrow key (or back), then nothing i try brings back the play/pause screen.  The only method I found to get to the CC is to use the mouse.

if ff/rew are disabled then it's due to the player not thinking the stream is seekable.

davidtjudd

I can confirm that there are issues with reaching the CC menu on the latest builds. Like OP I was able to hit down to reach it. I am no longer able to, I'm now pulling up the onscreen keyboard somehow when trying to reach the CC menu.

Also once the playback bar disappears, using down to navigate to it no longer works.

Edited by davidtjudd

Same for me - used to work in 2.4.2, but now hitting the down arrow brings the menu, but going right no longer focusses the CC icon. If I hit OK then it brings up a full screen keyboard. 

I can still click on the CC icon using the mouse.

TroyBennett

if ff/rew are disabled then it's due to the player not thinking the stream is seekable.

Even though the ff/rew are grayed out on the OSD,  the remote buttons work fine.

Jobber8742

The same error seems to occur with the audio select for me as well. You use to be able to hit the right arrow on the remote and hit enter to select the audio select. Now with the latest build this does not occur. 

Oo, it's not just me then! Brand new user, don't really know what I'm doing but using Emby Theater with a MCE remote and I can't get in to the CC menu whilst file is playing, I can if I use a mouse though.