Sync w/ Android

MSattler

MSattler

Not sure if this is server or App related.

So Sync for me, for Games is actually working on the Shield.  One thing I noticed is although my Shield Devices each have a separate name that I gave under the Devices screen, when it comes to Sync screen, it just shows me 4 Shields, not the changed device name.  As well when I click to sync a movie or a game, the drop down option shows 4 Shield Players, and no way to identify which is which.

Does that make sense?

While Sync may not be fully functional, this is something that should probably be looked at.

-Marcus

dcook

I have the same issue with Xbox One, it also shows multiple devices despite there only be the one xbox device in our house connecting

Vidman

No your issue is not the same your issue is 1 device showing multiple times due to an issue with the way the Xbox identifies itself. The op has 4 devices with no way to tell which is which

Edited by Vidman

You can use the web client (not through one of the shields) and look at the order the devices show up in the cast/secondscreen box. The exact order you see there for your shields is the order they are in when presented in the sync list. This should let you still sync and know which is which, but the obvious answer is it should be using your unique name, rather than the generic device names.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

MSattler

You can use the web client (not through one of the shields) and look at the order the devices show up in the cast/secondscreen box. The exact order you see there for your shields is the order they are in when presented in the sync list. This should let you still sync and know which is which, but the obvious answer is it should be using your unique name, rather than the generic device names.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will that show remote Shield's as well though?  I don't think it will and that is the situation I have right now.  But yeah the Unique name really is necessary here.

@@Luke + @@ebr