DLNA Play To with Chromecast

G'day all,

I have a Chromecast connected to my local network. I have "DLNA Play To" enabled in the Emby server settings.

In the Emby Android app, I can click on the Cast button, and both my smart TV and the Chromecast are available for casting.

However, in the Emby server web interface on my PC, my TV is the only device listed.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to solve this.

Cheers :)

jordy

Depends on the browser you are using. I believe that the Chromecast requires you to use Google Chrome to enable the cast. Also you need to install the Google Cast extension.

good luck.

Edited by jordy

Sorry, I should've mentioned that I'm using Chrome with the Google Cast extension. I am able to cast videos from YouTube without issue.

If I start casting from the Emby app on my Android phone, the Google Cast extension on my laptop says that I am casting to my Chromecast/Emby.

The Emby web interface only shows my TV and Kodi on my PC as the available devices to cast to. The Emby Android app shows my TV, Kodi on my PC, and the Chromecast.

Ok, I understand. Unfortunately I can't really explain why that might be happening as that's not really Emby's role. Detection is handled by the Google Cast SDK.