Fast Forward, skip, ext don't work

Mopar_Mudder

Mopar_Mudder

I find it impossible to jump forward or back at all. Be it chapter skip or FF it doesn't work. Using to mouse and clicking on the slide bar jumps to some random place. Some times skipping back jump to the end of the movie. Is their a known issue with this? Happens on Blu-ray folder rips and MKV files.

No known issue. It will recognize the ff/few and skip FWD /back keys on your remote. Also when the osd is not open, the left and right arrow keys also work.

Guest asrequested

. Using to mouse and clicking on the slide bar jumps to some random place. Some times skipping back jump to the end of the movie.

I've mentioned this in other threads. But I'm not sure if you've seen it, Luke. I've never got a response. I'd like the progress bar to jump to whatever part I want. As it is now, I have to click multiple times until I find a spot it will let me jump to. I'd like it to respond the way all other progress bars do. I can make a screen capture to demonstrate?

• Like 1

Mopar_Mudder

I will have to do some more testing, but have to wait for a new bulb to get here for my projector on Monday. I use a harmony remote that is mapped to the Windows Media Center remote, it works fine with TMT, but not with Emby. Pause, Play and Stop work fine, just no forward or back.

MovieNut

I recall similar problems when I first tried it and it was the main reason I didn't tinker with Emby Theater.

I say was because I just downloaded it again and WOW - much improved over the earlier release. Super Job!

All my movies are made with MakeMKV.

When watching movies, the Skip and Back on-screen buttons are greyed out. The cursor changes when hovering over them but they have no function.

On my Harmony remote and Logitech keyboard the Skip, Back, FF and REW buttons do work but the functions are reversed meaning I need to press FF to skip 30 seconds and the Skip button advances 10 minutes. Same with Back and REW - the functions are reversed.

I know this is the wrong thread for this question but the topic is nearly identical and I hope someone can point me to a solution.

Skip, Back, FF and REW do not function in Emby for Media Center but only on remote windows PCs in my home network.

Also can't hover over the progress bar and select a point in the movie to skip to on the remote PCs.

Everything works perfectly in Emby for Media Center on the computer running the Emby server - just the remote ones have problems.

Guest asrequested

I'd like the progress bar to jump to whatever part I want. As it is now, I have to click multiple times until I find a spot it will let me jump to. I'd like it to respond the way all other progress bars do.

This is resolved! Great job, Luke! Thank you  :D

Edited by Doofus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

This is resolved! Great job, Luke! Thank you  :D

@@Luke I spoke too soon. It's back as it was. I have to click multiple times to find where it will let me jump to  ;) I seem to get varying results with different movies

Edited by Doofus

Erik

I get this all the time with any live TV recordings (from an HDHomeRun Extend) and not converting to MP4. I can anywhere on the seek bar but it will only go to certain places...most of the time the seek circle just jumps back to the current spot and doesn't seek.

Guest asrequested

I get this all the time with any live TV recordings (from an HDHomeRun Extend) and not converting to MP4. I can anywhere on the seek bar but it will only go to certain places...most of the time the seek circle just jumps back to the current spot and doesn't seek.

Yup, and as I don't use a remote, this is a problem for me.

Guest asrequested

It seems fine here.

Try varying containers and qualities. Some files work ok, but others don't. I'll make a screen capture.

Guest asrequested

I think it has something to do with audio track. Anything I play with stereo (I tried AAC, MP3 and AC3 stereo) I can skip to anywhere. But when I play something with multi track audio (I tried AAC, dts, AC3, TrueHD, 5.1 and 7.1), that's when I can't jump around.

Erik

Just tried a recording of America's Got Talent (Details Below). And i can only find approx 10 spots i can seek too, otherwise it acts just as Doofus's video shows.

Media Info
Video
CodecH264
AVCNo
ProfileHigh
Level40
Resolution1920x1080
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedYes
Framerate29.97003
Bitrate9608 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames2
NAL0
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAC3
Codec tagAC-3
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate375 kbps
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultNo
TitleEng Dolby Digital 5.1
Containerts

Erik

I just tested a couple with stereo only and no problems. However, I also tested some others with surround (5.1) and they work. But I can go back to several specific media files that consistently exhibit this behaviour. So for me it seems more isolated towards live TV recordings possibly (maybe the recording has some fault that isn't visible on the screen?)

Mopar_Mudder

I can tell you that one day the movie 2012 doesn't work and then next day it does. Doesn't seem to be file specific for me, just random.

Guest asrequested

I can tell you that one day the movie 2012 doesn't work and then next day it does. Doesn't seem to be file specific for me, just random.

There does seem to be some intermittency, to this problem, but not an uncommon issue. Hopefully, Luke will figure it out.