Android Mobile - Gapless music playback

esp1818

esp1818

When I'm streaming music there is silence between songs. When I'm on my home network it's usually less than a second which isn't that much of an issue, but when I have a bad wifi connection on my home network or I'm on the cellular network there can be up to 20 seconds of silence between songs. This still happens when the songs I'm playing are synced to my mobile device. My guess as to what's happening is that it doesn't fetch the next song (or the information it needs) until the current song is finished. On my home network it can do that relatively instantly but when there isn't a solid/fast connection it has trouble doing that. I was wondering if it can pre-fetch the next song (or the information it needs) so that the playback is smooth and gapless?

• Like 4

computerprep

+1, but not Android Mobile... server-wide.

A "dj-mode" would be cool... to start loading the next song from playlist, album, or shuffle before the current sing is over.

Would help if you have longer gaps for buffering, and the transcoding features for movies and TV can definitely manage songs and tapering volume down. User-specified amount of overlap from one song to the next.

Edited by computerprep
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...