Welcome screen when starting with windows

mentasm

mentasm

Hi,

Recently when I decided to switch to ET as daily from EWMC, I set ET to startup with windows. 

I have my media centre set to complete a image based backup every morning and reboot afterwards to keep things fresh.  This means that ET has to startup each day.

I have been noticing when coming to use the media centre each day that ET is loaded but I am presented with a welcome screen requiring me to click on a button to load the ET home page.

I don't get the same screen if I launch ET manually

Any ideas whats going on?

I run with ET auto-login and emby server is not running as a service, but is launched via the startup folder.

Possibly taking server longer to startup than ET?  Is there any easy way to delay ET.  With EWMC I used to have to run a powershell script from the startup folder to introduce a 60 sec delay to make sure emby server was completely loaded before EWMC tried to login

Most likely the server has not started up yet, so the app tries to log you in, fails, then sends you back to the welcome/connection process.

mentasm

Is there any other way to address this than unchecking the 'start with windows' option and starting ET with a script?

Disorganise

Which windows version?

I'm on 10 now and have server ticked to start with windows (as a tray app not a service), and I added ET to the start somehow but I can't remember and I'm away from home for a fee days....it wasn't a start folder like in 7 and I *think* there were some delay options.

If 7 then I'd probably knock together a batch file with a wait/delay command followed by the call to start ET.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mentasm

7. Did a powershell script. Working now.

Would be good if the menu in ETD had maybe 30sec or 60 as an option along with on and off for start with windows