Focus issues when returning from desktop

mentasm
Go to solution Solved by mentasm,

mentasm

Hi,

I use my media centre for watching media and also using the internet and various other things such as managing metadata etc.  This means I am often utilizing the desktop and heading into and out of ET.

I find that if I alt tab out of ET then alt-tab back in (or minimize using the ET button or bring it back up by clicking on the taskbar icon) I do not have focus within ET for the remote.  I need to click on say the TV or Movie link along the top of the home page.  After that I can navigate around ET as expected.

I also have set up a button on my remote to launch ET via the WIN+x shortcut method. If I use this I similarly do not get focus for the remote when ET is in the foreground until the mouse is used to select something. 

I have also on occasion experienced the same when reaching the end of a video and allowed it to stop automatically.  This behaviour however seems intermittent.

EWMC did not suffer from this issue, and the usability was much better

Edited by mentasm
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
mentasm

Logged this as an issue on the GitHub site.  Still very much an issue.  Would be great to get resolved

cghjensen

I have the same issue when using a remote and the WIN+x combination to start Emby Theater. I need to use the mouse to click before I can use the remote to navigate Emby.

The Baron

I see the same issue as the original poster. 

On returning to Theatre, I need to select an object using the mouse before I can use the remote's buttons, happens every time.

Also, frequently, when Theatre is first opened, no object selected and I need to use the mouse to select an object. This does not happens 100% of the time but frequently.

In the legacy version of Theatre this was not an issue, the remote I use is the same, it is a Harmony 650.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
mentasm

The new render update seems to have fixed this

:)  :)  :)  :)