Image library browsing incredibly slow

obrienmd

obrienmd

Emby: 3.1.18 and 3.1.21 (tested both)

CPU: i7-4770

Memory: 16GB DDR3

Storage: All SSD-based

When browsing my Emby image library (both Web UI and Android App), data loads are extremely slow. Now, my library is massive, but each subdirectory is faily small (no more than 100 photos or so), and no directory has more than 100 subdirectories.

One core of the CPU is pegged when this happens, but no meaningful usage of disk/memory/network is exhibited.

In the server log, there's no data beyond slow page load reports:

2016-06-14 19:10:26.5323 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 10.1.10.178. Time: 11536ms (slow). http://localhost:8080/emby/Users/5d35a26571dd42a189ce9885fdef616e/Items/cc7e0640499948fecf2b926ad178d5ba

Given it's on all page loads (including ones with only a few subdirectories and no images), I don't think thumbnail generation is the issue, but I do notice that my cache\images\resized-images folder only has about 2,800 items in it, while the images library has 49,000 items. Perhaps that's because only 2,800 have been viewed. On the other hand, is Emby supposed to be pre-thumbnailing those images?

The library seems to scan fine, and fairly quickly for having 50k items (< 30 minutes).

server-logs.zip

Edited by obrienmd

obrienmd

Quick note - when I enabled debug logging, it didn't provide any more useful / actionable data in the log.

obrienmd

Please provide the complete emby server log, thanks.

Sorry, added server logs. I also updated the post - single CPU core is pegged when this happens, but disk/memory/network aren't constrained.

obrienmd

Ending in 33 and 54.

Does anyone know the source file(s) that affect this page / data load? I'm not really a .NET dev, but I may take a hack at a pull request.