AFTV: Trailer Icon/Image Alignment

Tanamur

Tanamur

Platform: NUC i5,16GB RAM, Win10 Pro, Gigabit Wired, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Platform: AFTV-GEN1, Fire0S 5.2.1.0 (550145120), Gigabit Wired-AFTV Gen1&2 ports are only 10/100mbit ports, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Server: Version 3.0.5972.0
AFTV App: v1.2.00a

Hi Forum/Devs -

Clearly I have too much time on my hands but would it be possible to tweak the aesthetics of the trailer plugin icon/panel/image so that it displays with the same size as the others?

Also, I really like the routine that builds and refreshes the panels with new artwork from recent scans of the libraries. Could you add this to Trailers as well?

57608875a13f0_embytrailersalignment.png

Thanks in advance, @Tanamur

This isn't a function of the app, it is the images themselves.  The slice generated ones have some padding around them and the thumb on your trailers does not.  You can use the server to replace the trailers image to one of your choosing.

Tanamur

This isn't a function of the app, it is the images themselves.  The slice generated ones have some padding around them and the thumb on your trailers does not.  You can use the server to replace the trailers image to one of your choosing.

Thanks @@ebr -

It has been a while since I customized the "ImagesByName" folder (now \metadata). Tutorial Here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/695-imagesbyname-folder/ 

I had a look in \metadata and did not see a Trailers entry.

I also had a look in C:\Users\Tanamur\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins but did not see any of the trailer plugin images or pointers in the xml configs. I realize I can upload an image from the Metadata manager but I wanted to locate the existing "slice" images so that I could duplicate the dimensions. 

Could you tell me where the existing "slice" images for TV & Movie libraries reside and where would I put a custom trailers image by modifying the \metadata subfolders? I am guessing \metadata\General\Trailers?

Thanks, Tanamur

Tanamur

Just use the web interface to edit images.

Haha @@Luke - You are a sneaky one with that contextual right-click "Edit Images" menu...see, I am trainable when I get a hint  :P

5760bf88d26b6_SliceImageEditingContextua

Well that "padding" @@ebr mentioned around the "slice" images for the "jumpy uppy thingy" during the mouse over is 960x540 so I need to scale my trailer image down for that. Do you happen to know what the image dimensions are without the padding?

post-442-0-82128200-1465965119_thumb.png

Edited by Tanamur

Tanamur

Hi @@ebr and @@Luke - I am still struggling with the image replacement for the trailers tile/icon as it appears in the AFTV app. Following your instructions I removed the default images (thumb & primary) using the Server Manager webclient.

When I replaced them with a 960x540 trailer image, the thumb accepts it but the primary squeezes it horizontally and uses this for the display in the AFTV app. If I remove the primary image altogether and leave the thumb image, then I just get a default green skinny tile/icon.

So, from my troubleshooting, it seems the space for the trailer tile/icon is hardwired into the AFTV app display. Could I ask again if it would be possible as an enhancement to increase the size to match the other tiles and have the server create a "slice" image from the artwork in the trailer library?

Thanks again, Tanamur

57677ec89d930_embytrailersalignmentimage

Tanamur

Actually, it looks like the server is squishing it, not the app...

...but the server doesn't squish it in the web client or on my iOS tablet app or my Android phone app. It seems unique to the AFTV for the devices I own.

576820b172d33_Screenshot_20160621005608.

I was looking at the image you posted of the primary image in the actual editing interface.  It was a portrait orientation.

Tanamur

I was looking at the image you posted of the primary image in the actual editing interface. It was a portrait orientation.

Yes it was the same 960x540 file loaded for the thumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk