Chapter Image import from EmbyServer- ES to Embyby Kodi -EK

e123enitan
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

e123enitan

Could someone help my understanding why chapter images that are cropped in ES are not populating in EK, is this due to how EK addon is written that prevents this from show in Kodi or it is not supported currently and would likely be supported in the near future or no intention to incorporate this in EK, apology for many questions.

Thanks 

• Solution
Angelblue05

It's a kodi limitation. Chapters images are only loaded for local/network paths. The only way to get them is by using native playback mode instead of addon playback in the addon settings > sync option. Then you need to reset your database to make the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

It's a kodi limitation. Chapters images are only loaded for local/network paths. The only way to get them is by using native playback mode instead of addon playback in the addon settings > sync option. Then you need to reset your database to make the change.

by using playback mode, that would mean losing addon functionality-correct? If so I would pass.

Thanks for your response  

Angelblue05

Correct. The way to have most compatibility with Kodi features is to use native playback mode (direct paths). Addon playback is meant to bring the emby experience to Kodi - since the paths for content are masked, because the addon queries them in real time to allow from direct streaming, transcode, etc., some of Kodi features won't work.