Season -1 ???

Parjai
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Parjai

Hoping I can find some answers to an issue I'm having.  I'm getting ready to switch to Windows 10 (yes, I'm slow to adopt, but you'll see why), plus setup a proper HTPC in my living room versus a jury-rig with my laptop.  I've been testing Kodi out and so far, I've been very happy with it, save for one issue.  On some of my of my shows, cartoons specifically, instead of displaying in seasons, I get a Season -1.  I did look up that it might be a scrape issue, so I spent some time renaming all my files to the following format "Series Name - XXxXX - Episode Title"  (example: Robotech - 1x01 - Boobytrap).  For most shows, that corrected the isssue, however, for some, like Robotech, it hasn't solved it.  If I look at it in the Metadata manager, everything is fine, Emby Theater looks fine, Emby for WMC looks fine... just Kodi can't get it right.  Is there something I'm missing here?  I have Transformers that is "close", I get a Season -1, Season 1, Season 2, but 1 and 2 only show a few episodes versus the whole season.  I also tried Plex out, and it seems to work just fine using PlexMBC.  There are things about Plex I don't like, so I'm hoping the answer isn't "Stop complaining and just switch" as I really like Emby, been using it for years, like how it works and have gotten pretty good with working with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vidman

Double check your metadata.... specifically check that items showing in season -1 have the correct season and episode feilds

• Solution
Angelblue05

Season -1 is just the default assigned season to episodes without season number assigned. Go to your emby metadata manager, check the episode listed under season -1 in Kodi and add the season number in the appropriate field. Hit save, that should correct your issue. Previously we didn't have season -1, instead the episode was skipped and never added to Kodi since it needs a season number.

Edited by Angelblue05

Parjai

Huh, that interesting, I never noticed the season field wasn't assigned.  Is there a way to bulk edit episodes?  With my example of Robotech, looking at 85 episodes I need to fix :(

Vidman

Season -1 is just the default assigned season to episodes without season number assigned. Go to your emby metadata manager, check the episode listed under season -1 in Kodi and add the season number in the appropriate field. Hit save, that should correct your issue. Previously we didn't have season -1, instead the episode was skipped and never added to Kodi since it needs a season number.

Have you had a chance to look at the bug I reported about season -1 showing all episodes in certain situations?

Angelblue05

No. I've been taking an extended break for personal reasons. I don't know if I'll be able to look into anything, anytime soon. Hopefully one of the other devs can step up, help out if they can. I believe Luke changed something in the API when it comes to season numbers, but it would need to be verified if it helps us avoid using -1 if the season is missing in the field.

A trello card was already created for the bug @@Vidman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

is -1 a kodi thing? we just leave it unset when there's no season number. but if you have -1 in your nfo metadata already, then emby will pick it up and use it.

Angelblue05

No it's not a Kodi thing. Kodi requires a season number for episodes. Emby doesn't always have one assigned. So we assigned the default as being -1. We could set it as 1, but if there's already season 1 identified, then it would be weird to have unrelated episodes in a correct season.

Ok, so i think it's fine then. but question then, how does kodi handle tv libraries with bad metadata? how does it handle no season number? does it default to 0?

Angelblue05

0 is for specials. To be honest, I'm not sure how Kodi handles it. I remember testing to see, but the episode was just not present visually in the library when the season was missing from the episode data.

Edited by Angelblue05