Marking content as watched?

skuuup

skuuup

Beyond going into each item in EHT and manually clicking the checkmark icon, is there a way to mark content as watched via a keyboard shortcut? Or any other way?

I've transitioned from Plex to Emby and much of my media has already been watched. Plex has a very nifty keyboard shortcut, where pressing "W" marks the item as watched. Hoping for the same ease-of-use in EHT :)

skuuup

Yeah trakt.tv does help to sync up what I have watched in Plex so far.

But for ongoing management, it would be great to see an easy/quick way to mark an item as watched, without needing to pick up the mouse.

Guest asrequested

Yeah trakt.tv does help to sync up what I have watched in Plex so far.

But for ongoing management, it would be great to see an easy/quick way to mark an item as watched, without needing to pick up the mouse.

It's automatically marked as watched, after you watch it

skuuup

After I watch it, yeah :)

But there are plenty of movies/episodes that I've already watched in other media players that have been loaded into Emby, and I'd like to quickly mark these watched as I run-into them.

Logos302

I think you should put in a feature request and see if luke can add this to ET.  As it stands right now you can use the check mark, or to keep multiply media players in sync use trakit.  

Edited by Logos302

skuuup

you can also use the Check mark to mark things as watches, which is available ( I believe) at most levels, so you could mark an entire season as watched.  But ultimately I think what you want is to be able to hit (As an example) * on you remove to mark it as watched.

Correct. Guess this is a Feature Request then :)

It would be great to just be able to hover over items as I am scrolling through and hit a button to mark it as watched.

Currently in Emby Theater you need to expand into each item and manually click the little checkbox.

Edited by skuuup

Vidman

Correct. Guess this is a Feature Request then :)

It would be great to just be able to hover over items as I am scrolling through and hit a button to mark it as watched.

Currently in Emby Theater you need to expand into each item and manually click the little checkbox.

..And from the Web Player I see that there is a context menu that appears when you hover over an item..but this also lacks the checkbox to mark it as watched, so you need to dive a level deep to perform this action from here as well.

You can do this in the web client, when you hover over an item there should be a checkmark to mark as watched/unwatched

skuuup

You can do this in the web client, when you hover over an item there should be a checkmark to mark as watched/unwatched

OK you are right..guess I missed it the first time--I retract what I said there :)

yea the web client has faster ways of doing this. emby theater is still pretty new and most of the development is dedicated towards using it on a big screen tv, but it will get there :)

• 6 months later...

Just to confirm here, there is currently no keyboard shortcut or remote control button that marks an item as watched / unwatched in ET?

Just moved across from WMC+Emby to native ET and the record button to refresh item and asterisk to mark as watched was very useful.

I would love to see this added if it is not already.