UE32J5500AKXXU - Setup guide ?

rouge101

rouge101

I found this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/ . My interface isnt like any of those shown. Following the most recent guide, 2014, i can log in as developer, but when i hold enter on one of the apps, i get no box to enter the IP, just a short menu to view details, reinstall the app etc. 

Any advice on getting emby onto this tv ?

FrostByte

Unfortunately, there isn't a dedicated Samsung Emby app which is compatible with your TV yet.  Your 2015/J-series TV is using the new Tizen OS and the current app is written for the old OS so we really don't have any written instructions for you.

You can try to install it, but I believe Samsung has pushed a firmware recently that disabled most J-series TVs which were originally setup to run apps using either OS from running the older apps now.  However, I do know there are some people who said they got it loaded on their J-series TV before the firmware push so there must have been a way. 

On older sets the IP selection on the pop-up menu shows up only after you login as developer.  Not having a 2015 myself I'm not sure why you didn't see the IP menu option.  Hopefully someone else can shed some light on why it isn't showing for you

FYI: I've seen some code on GitHub for a new Samsung app based on Tizen, but don't believe it is near ready for release yet.  Right now we probably still need a developer who is willing to take this project on.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

rouge101

Unfortunately, there isn't a dedicated Samsung Emby app which is compatible with your TV yet.  Your 2015/J-series TV is using the new Tizen OS and the current app is written for the old OS so we really don't have any written instructions for you.

You can try to install it, but I believe Samsung has pushed a firmware recently that disabled most J-series TVs which were originally setup to run apps using either OS from running the older apps now.  However, I do know there are some people who said they got it loaded on their J-series TV before the firmware push so there must have been a way. 

On older sets the IP selection on the pop-up menu shows up only after you login as developer.  Not having a 2015 myself I'm not sure why you didn't see the IP menu option.  Hopefully someone else can shed some light on why it isn't showing for you

FYI: I've seen some code on GitHub for a new Samsung app based on Tizen, but don't believe it is near ready for release yet.  Right now we probably still need a developer who is willing to take this project on.

That's a shame. Looks like I'll have to buy a box of some description then unless i connect my laptop. Thanks for the reply. 

CBers

That's a shame. Looks like I'll have to buy a box of some description then unless i connect my laptop. Thanks for the reply.

Nvidia Shield.