Show login screen setting ignored

Ponyo

Ponyo

Hi,

Today I reinstalled emby on my Firetv stick because it always took a long time to login.

But now login settings are ignored. I got a couple of accounts on my server, all linked to separate emby connect accounts.

The weird thing I have now, and I didn't have this before, is that when I set startup behavior to show login screen it's ignored and the last user that logged in gets automatically logged in. This happens even after logging the user out.

Another issue is double logout buttons. Logout user xxx and logout from connect. Both close the app bit only logout from connect shows the login screen when restarting the app.

Another weird things is logout from connect only appears after login out the user.

What happens is this:

- Start the app, the last user that logged in is automatically logged in (startup behavior is show login screen)

- only the logout user button is visible. This closes the app.

- start the app and the same user is logged on again automatically (ignoring the login screen). This time there is a logout from connect button.

- click logout from connect and the app closes.

- start the app and finally the login screen appears.

So for whatever reason I now need to restart the app three times just to switch user.

Before this wasn't the case. I tried making a test user not linked to emby connect but the same thing happens.

I linked my server by going to the emby pin page and entering by emby connect details and the pin shown by the Firetv app.

How can I fix this? I always want the login screen displayed and there should always be only one logout button that leads to the login screen, not closing the app.

Ponyo

Okay setting a user other than the user I used for the pin as the default user to login with results in only one logout button and that logout button boots to the login screen.

Still it doesn't appear to be possible to always boot to the login screen?

Sent from my HTL23 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I had a hard time following all the different scenarios you laid out in the first post :).  But, Connect is designed to be a quick entry style of login.  It is not possible to switch users on the same server when connected via Connect as that is a direct connection to a specific user.

So, if you are logged in with Connect, and only have a single server, you will always go directly into the "Connect"ed user.

If you want to be able to switch between users, don't use Connect.  Just connect to your server directly.

• 1 year later...
andyblac644

sorry for digging up an old thread, but what about if you need connect for a shared server?, how can i switch user on my local server and use connect for the remote shared server?

sorry for digging up an old thread, but what about if you need connect for a shared server?, how can i switch user on my local server and use connect for the remote shared server?

You can't do that right now.  You either are using Connect or you aren't.

Emby Connect is just a convenience though.  You can easily connect to any servers you wish using their address and then switch users however you like.

andyblac644

You can't do that right now.  You either are using Connect or you aren't.

Emby Connect is just a convenience though.  You can easily connect to any servers you wish using their address and then switch users however you like.

so I would need to manually add his external IP or dynamic dns host name ?

Edited by andyblac644

so I would need to manually add his external IP or dynamic dns host name ?

Correct.  There is a button on the login screen to add a manual server.