VOB Playback - Will not start at beginning of movie

audiog33k

audiog33k

Hello. 

Movie playback does not start from the beginning and transport commands (skip forward, skip backwards) often do not work.  For example, I can start movie playback and it may start ~10 minutes into the movie.  If I try to skip backwards (to beginning) it will only go back to where the movie originally started (10 minutes in).  

Also, clicking on the movie progress bar (not sure what it is called) to adjust where I want to move to in the movie playback seems goofy.  Does not appear to work or does not indicate actual position in the movie.

Can not seem to get this figured out and not seeing similar issues when I search the forum.

I have used Media Browser with Windows Media Center Edition for years and it has been great.   Moved to Emby Theater and became supporter...

My library consists of VOBs (all ripped using DVDFab Main Movie feature).  This library method worked great for Media Browser but have been unable to get proper playback with Emby Theater.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Thanks

Dan

I highly suggest you start a project of converting those folder rips to a more modern format.  So many things will work better and you will gain more features.

The tools we use for analyzing and playback don't officially support them.  We try to support them as best we can but they won't always work 100%.

audiog33k

Thanks for prompt reply.  I will convert or re-rip a few titles and see how it works.  Thanks.

JohnnyM

I ran into this problem with MC classic,

I ran the file against DVDShrink with no compression creating a new copy of the movie and replaced the problem movie with the newly created movie. The problem went away. Windows Media Center must put a resume point into the file which got corrupted.

I ran the file against DVDShrink with no compression creating a new copy of the movie and replaced the problem movie with the newly created movie. The problem went away. Windows Media Center must put a resume point into the file which got corrupted.