HDHR3-US Support?

smokey7722
Go to solution Solved by smokey7722,

smokey7722

I went to add my HDHR3-US into Emby today using the integrated option and I get an error in the logs as it seems to require discover.json to be published by the device.  It doesn't look like the HDHR3-US is publishing that.  Below is the log.  I had NextPVR installed at one point and it does work, but tuning anything in takes about 20-30 seconds and the guide didn't show any data (schedulesdirect subscription is active and it says its working fine).  I'd prefer to get it all working through Emby natively but it seems like this isn't an option on the HDHR3-US?

2016-06-09 11:01:19.9500 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://10.0.0.241/discover.json
2016-06-09 11:01:20.1649 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://10.0.0.241/discover.json
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5972.0
	Command line: C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-06-09 11:01:20.1649 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\adamz\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1d.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2016-06-09 11:01:20.1649 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/LiveTv/TunerHosts
	*** Error Report ***
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

2016-06-09 11:01:20.1649 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 10.0.0.201. Time: 216ms. http://10.0.0.8:8890/emby/LiveTv/TunerHosts

Hi, welcome. Yes we currently only support HDHR models that have the Dlna feature.

smokey7722

Hi, welcome. Yes we currently only support HDHR models that have the Dlna feature.

Ah ok.  I can move back to NextPVR as it did seem to tune if I chose a channel directly.  Any thoughts on why the guide data wasn't showing?  I suspect I will need to take that up with the plugin developer maybe?  Or is that still part of Emby?

UPDATE: I am ripping NextPVR out and looks like Fry's has the HDTC-2US in stock.  I'll head out and grab one as its an upgrade anyway from the old one I have.  Will go back and play with things after I get the new one.

Edited by smokey7722

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
smokey7722

FYI NextPVR, while it worked didn't work all that well (huge delays, random tuning failures, etc).  I was able to find an HDTC-2US and installed that so I can use Emby's native support.  Then I found that more than half my channels had no guide data in Emby so I checked SchedulesDirect and it looks like their lineup for my area is entirely wrong.  I have a support ticket open with them and they are working on updating the lineup based on the channel scan I provided them.