Feature request: Non-US standards for time and date in EMBY products

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

In the US, dates are written mm/dd/yyyy and times hh:mm am/pm. This format is used in EMBY Server and EMBY Theater.

ISO standard is yyyy/mm/dd and HH:mm with 24-hour time (no am/pm and hours go from 0 to 24).

I'd love it if EMBY products supported ISO standard as an option, because that's what is used in large parts of the world.

Edited by Starlionblue
  • Like 5

CBers

Isn't the format based on the LANGUAGE/LOCALE setting on the device ??

Starlionblue

Isn't the format based on the LANGUAGE/LOCALE setting on the device ??

Not as far as I can tell. The format is seemingly hardcoded to US standards regardless of device settings.

On a side note, I've had this gripe since MediaBrowser 2.  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Edited by Starlionblue

pünktchen

In the US, dates are written mm/dd/yyyy and times hh:mm am/pm. This format is used in EMBY Server and EMBY Theater.

ISO standard is yyyy/mm/dd and HH:mm with 24-hour time (no am/pm and hours go from 0 to 24).

I'd love it if EMBY products supported ISO standard as an option, because that's what is used in large parts of the world.

ISO is yyyy-mm-dd not yyyy/mm/dd ;)

Although this is the official notation here in Germany, people are used to the traditional dd.mm.yyyy

So instead of only an option "ISO or US" or making it dependent of the UI language, i suggest to give the Emby users independent lists of options for date and time similar to Kodi:

57597a436a658_kodisprache03.png

• Like 1

Banjo

ISO is yyyy-mm-dd not yyyy/mm/dd ;)

Although this is the official notation here in Germany, people are used to the traditional dd.mm.yyyy

So instead of only an option "ISO or US" or making it dependent of the UI language, i suggest to give the Emby users independent lists of options for date and time similar to Kodi:

Why bother with the configuration?  Every computer platform has locale and format settings.  Just query the OS and use the user's chosen preference.  The settings on the server os can be used as the defaults for when a client setting can not be obtained for some reason.

• Like 1