pay to use android mobile

drbond01

drbond01

this is frustrating.  i started to use the Emby media server as it had a free andriod app that i could use to connect to my personal server.  however, now when i try to launch the Emby app from my phone i am getting a message saying i need to pay to use it.  extremely frustrating after getting a replacement device since my other phone had issues and Verizon had to send me a replacement phone.  is there anyway i can get around this? or should i be looking for a different media server setup?

Hi there. We work extremely hard here to build the best media server that we possibly can. We hope that you find enough value in our efforts to support us with a $4.89 purchase. Thank you for using Emby.

• Like 2

knight09

this is frustrating.  i started to use the Emby media server as it had a free andriod app that i could use to connect to my personal server.  however, now when i try to launch the Emby app from my phone i am getting a message saying i need to pay to use it.  extremely frustrating after getting a replacement device since my other phone had issues and Verizon had to send me a replacement phone.  is there anyway i can get around this? or should i be looking for a different media server setup?

Not sure how you getting a replacement device has anything to do with the cost of Emby.. but anyway, download google's "opinion rewards app" and you can get free google play store credit that you can use to unlock the Emby features you need. You normally get $1 right off the bat but you should be able to accumulate $5 within two weeks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.paidtasks&hl=en

Banjo

Not sure how you getting a replacement device has anything to do with the cost of Emby..

Indeed.  If you had Emby working on your previous Android then you clearly paid for it, in which case your purchase would come with you to your new device.

The only way you'd have to pay again would if you:

1. Changed your Google account.
  2. Switched from another platform (where you paid for Emby) to Android.

That said, I do find the idea of paying just to play media to be a bit odd as it's such a basic function.  What's the point in a "free" app with in-app purchases if such basic functionality is unavailable.  Should just make it a paid app up front.

That said, I do find the idea of paying just to play media to be a bit odd as it's such a basic function.  What's the point in a "free" app with in-app purchases if such basic functionality is unavailable.  Should just make it a paid app up front.

The point is that allows us to make it free for Emby Premiere subscribers.

• Like 1

NANO SHELL

They way I see it, many use Emby as a form of a personal hobby. Hobbies can cost money. Developers/Admin would be working tirelessly to constantly develop new features and updates, not to mention tending to forums to assist those in need (speaking of which...still need help here). Emby, I am sure, would not have been developed overnight, it would have been worked on over a long time before its popularity. A $4.89 purchase is the least we can do to contribute to Emby and its future. After all, this forum is a 'Community', not just a support page.

Saying "or should i be looking for a different media server setup?" is a good way to kick a hard working developer in the guts.

Tranquil

If you do not want to pay for the app, why don't you use a mobile browser instead?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk