Remote access guide

e123enitan
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

e123enitan

I'm heading south of the border, could anyone draw a dummy steps or guide on how to connecting Kodi/emby server remotely, what are the configurations that are needed on the router side, and kodi assuming server IP is set as static. screen shots will also help, users like me :D  who are not tech inclined.

Just to mention I can easily access emby server through emby Android app, becos its preconfigured with emby connect to remote access, hope we can have this feature in future in emby/kodi or if its possible access server through Kodi as preconfigured, hope this is not over burdensome to ask for.

Thanks 

Edited by e123enitan

• Solution
Angelblue05

All you need to do, is activate the alternate address in the addon settings. Enter your remote server address and port. Restart Kodi, see if it connects. Let me know.

I really don't have time to work on features for the addon. So the implementation is pretty basic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

All you need to do, is activate the alternate address in the addon settings. Enter your remote server address and port. Restart Kodi, see if it connects. Let me know.

I really don't have time to work on features for the addon. So the implementation is pretty basic.

OK I will give it a Go and get back to you, Thanks 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I forgot, don't forget to enable play from http in the addon settings > playback

e123enitan

OK I will give it a Go and get back to you, Thanks 

As you said, it was a simple set up, it works fine, however, my concern is, if I share my server with friends and my ISP IP address is open to risk, what is the alternative to prevent my IP address being exposed, any suggestions?

Thanks  

Angelblue05

Or use a ddns service like no-ip.org

e123enitan

Thanks both for your inputs, I will have have a free ddns setup and configure through my router.

Edited by e123enitan