LiveTV scheduling / queuing

th3sarg

th3sarg

Hi Everyone,

Just bought myself a HDHomeRun and now streaming TV around the house with some nVIDIA Shields and can say it's working a treat :)

One question regarding the TV Schedule, with my Samsung TV in the Lounge, with upcoming TV you can schedule shows throughout the evening and it will swap to the channel throughout the night and wondered if this is possible with Emby, I can record upcoming shows but can't see anywhere to just schedule or queue shows.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

Edd.

th3sarg

Hi Luke, well I don't want to record everything, simply queue up an evenings viewing, usually I get home from work and queue each show and it will swap between channels throughout the night.

Edited by th3sarg

Guest asrequested

Hi Luke, well I don't want to record everything, simply queue up an evenings viewing, usually I get home from work and queue each show and it will swap between channels throughout the night.

Are you referring to auto-tuning? Where you set it like you would be recording, but it doesn't record, just switches to that channel/show?

Guest asrequested

Yea I'm a little confused at what this request is asking for

I've seen this feature on Dish network units. They call it auto-tune. If there are several shows airing on the same night but different channels that you want to watch. Instead of recording them, you can set it to switch to that channel/show, automatically without having to scroll through the guide for each show, at the end of each show. You set it like a recording, but are given the option to auto-tune or record.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Maybe this could be a part of 'watch while recording', which was also requested. The two features would seem to be very similar.

th3sarg

Auto-tune would be a better word for it yes, thanks Doofus :)

On my TV this is what it looks like, very handy to setup a nights viewing in one go.

575bb94a04772_Capture.png

Shall I make a feature request or as Doofus suggested tag it on to the watch while recording?

Edited by th3sarg
  • Agree 1

• 7 years later...
Scott D

Just came to this request after being directed by ebr.  I guess I didn't go back far enough in my search of the feature requests to find this.

Since it was originally posted in 2016, and nothing has resulted, the possibility of it becoming reality is nonexistent.  Oh well.