Clear out the device list?

Crestj

Crestj

Whilst I don't actually use the device list for anything I would like to at least rename the used devices in my house to real names.

Unfortunately I cannot see the wood for the trees in this list!

For example, for some reason I have my 2 Xbox Ones listed about 20 times each!

Is there a way to clear this list down without having to delete each one individually?They

The devices are added back in when they connect anyway so a "clear list" button would be ideal.

dcook

I have the same problem with my xbox one, I think its a bug with EMBY.  I renamed all my other devices and they are fine, but everytime the same xbox one connects EMBY see it as a new or different device and you end up with this:

57581fbbabc1c_devices.jpg

Edited by dcook

I think the xbox uuid is changing. i haven't seen that with other devices. Might need to be reported to Microsoft.

Its the same Xbox, its name and ip address does not change.

That has nothing to do with what i said though.

dcook

You said the id is changing on the xbox, I confirmed that no settings are being changed on the xbox, the hostname and ip address or any of the user account info on the xbox do not change.

That has nothing to do with what i said though.

dcook

Sorry my reply post was not clear:

Absolutely nothing is changed on the Xbox.  

All settings remain the same, but still Emby puts separate entries in the device list

Right that's not what dlna uses for uniqueness.

Sorry my reply post was not clear:

Absolutely nothing is changed on the Xbox.  

All settings remain the same, but still Emby puts separate entries in the device list

We understand.  No one thinks you've changed anything.

The problem appears to be within the Xbox software as it is changing its ID internally.

dcook

Why would EMBY care about some internal ID on the xbox?

Shouldn't it see the connection coming from the hostname or ip address?

We understand.  No one thinks you've changed anything.

The problem appears to be within the Xbox software as it is changing its ID internally.

Edited by dcook

ip addresses can change, so no, that list is built with unique identifiers reported by the device.

Crestj

As it appears there is nothing we can do about the ever changing XBOX GUID, is there a way to clear the list?

dcook

You can delete them, but they will come back.  Also when you delete them you get a 2nd pop up window confirming if you really want to delete.  I wish that could be removed as it is unnecessary

You can delete them, but they will come back.  Also when you delete them you get a 2nd pop up window confirming if you really want to delete.  I wish that could be removed as it is unnecessary

It's necessary so that people understand what deleting means. Before we had that message, before we had that message users used to say "delete not working" because after removing a device it would still be allowed to sign in. So we need that in-app education that it's not really related to permissions.

dcook

From an end user or system administrator point of view, the fewer pop up dialogs and fewer "clicks" required to perform a simple task the better.

At least you could add a check box that says don't show this warning anymore.

It's necessary so that people understand what deleting means. Before we had that message, before we had that message users used to say "delete not working" because after removing a device it would still be allowed to sign in. So we need that in-app education that it's not really related to permissions.

Crestj

I can see the reason not to allow the mass clearing of this list and even the warning dialog.

Just a shame the xbox is spamming it!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk