Very basic question for live tv on Emby

Del007

Del007

I am able to enter in .m3u files in Emby which work so I'm able to watch these on my TV (providing of course the .m3u files are stable)

I see there are lots of plugins in Emby but to be honest I have no idea what they are.

Are I right in saying that in order to play live tv then I'll have to have a tv card for my pc?

Cheers for your help and this fantastic site

CBers

Yes, you will need a tuner of some sort, either an internal one, or an external one, something like a HDHomeRun or similar device.

Del007

So if I get a tuner then I can have access to the content that's on my tv? Even if it's a subscription tv?

Is there a budget tv tuner that works?

Cheers for your help

CBers

So if I get a tuner then I can have access to the content that's on my tv? Even if it's a subscription tv?

Is there a budget tv tuner that works?

Cheers for your help

You would need a tuner that supports subscription/encrypted TV.

As @@Spaceboy says, what country are you in ?? It will help to identify your options.

Spaceboy

so sky? its possible but not easy. in the uk freesat is relatively simple but i don't know what free channels you get in ireland via sat.

i have a tbs6984 with a omnikey card reader using dvblink and oscam and acamd as the key software pieces. it works well with kodi, not quite there with emby but dev's are responding.

i can pm you more info if you are interested but search out the above stuff it'll give you an idea